• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A v Japan XV matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think this match has exposed there's some real depth problems in Australian rugby. Some players have shown Wallabies potential, but some have shown they aren't at this level.
I dont think it's done anything of the kind. This is very close to Japan's first team playing a group that have barely met.

Edit: And Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) will take Wright's spot - if not on the EOYT then after another full Super Rugby season. A much better player.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I dont think it's done anything of the kind. This is very close to Japan's first team playing a group that have barely met.

yeah agreed. Some of these blokes were walking sideways only a couple of weeks back after playing their club finals. Done well to scrap it together for a performance against a Japan team with a lot of test players

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
A number of this A team showed up tonight. Campbell, Daugunu, Gleeson excellent, Hanigan and Frost both put in a huge amount of work, Donaldson took control of the game in the second half, some of the subs were excellent, particularly Wilkin and Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase).

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Hanigan looks ready to go to the next level. It is so strange Campbell isn’t already in the mix for 15? Mark needed to do a lot of D work, but his attack is just phenomenal. Donaldson showing some good touches too. Gleeson continues to grow as well.

Hopefully they all get a run on the end of year tour.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Gleeson, Campbell, Donaldson, L Lonergan best on ground for me closely followed by Daugunu & Frost.

Wouldn’t mind seeing the Centres be a bit more direct and Creighton didn’t have his best game. The Japanese team came out flying for the first half with a lot of aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.