• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks & All Blacks XV Tours 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I reckon Aumua is more of an out and out 13. He would really complete that backline. Also he looks like a greek god whereas Rieko looks like he ate glue as a kid.
View attachment 14984
Everyone knows aesthetics are half the battle
ha-gay-8.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Apparently AB can go back to the top of the Rankings IF they beat Ringinland by 15+ AND Wobs beat Ireland. I'm not holding my breath.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Me meither WOB, rankings are a strange beast to get hung up over. We had a case where Wallabies almost beat France, that would of moved them up by 2-3 places and dropped France by a couple, and the game was decided by French player converting penalty. Now did that make Wallabies a better or worse team? That's an example of it being skewed, the Wallabies had played as good whether the Frenchman got or missed kick, yet by him getting it they missed out on moving up table. Now I know some will say they gave away a penalty etc, that's not the point, it the French player missed kick it and Wallabies got points, would that have made them a better team, similarly , they weren't a worse one because he kicked it. I only use that as an example as that the last one where it struck me how little the margins are on rankings, and don't always reflect how team are.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Lurch back for Test no. 100:

View attachment 14980

ScoBar at 6 makes me a little nervous...

Barrett was fine in his two (?) outings at blindside so far, including against Ireland, and has only had the single dumb act that I can recall (the dangerous breakdown entry against Ireland), so am cautiously optimistic. Will also help that Ryan is a flat out far, far superior forwards coach than Hansen ever was.

Taukei'aho being wasted on the bench, again, leaves Savea as the only carrier who has demonstrated being able to reliably get over the gain line on most carries. Hopefully Retallick, Papali'i, and Lomax can provide some solid support there.

Laulala on the bench? Meh. Hopefully Sotutu has a good showing. Think this is the first time in a while he'll have a top tier pack around him?

EDIT: And hoping that the game plan is more akin to the Welsh match than whatever was going on in the Scotland test (I've not watched it).

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Similar pattern to last week: two tries early (could have been three, someone please tell Rieko that you can't pull a player out of a ruck by his neck even if it's Armless Owen) then nada for what seemed like forever. Countless errors, many of them Senior Reserve level e.g. two penalties not finding touch, balked throw-in. Endless penalties didn't help but really that should've been a walloping & maybe it's just as well Smith settled for the draw at the end, could've been one of the all-time AB chokes otherwise.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
England. You're at home. You scored 19 points in ~8 mins. Run the ball, you cowards.

Starting forwards were good, save for Taylor's abominable throwing. Think imma keep flogging that Taukei'aho starting horse. Mo'unga needs an daily slap from every front rower in the team until he stops trying to eek out an extra few metres for penalties. The probability of making touch seems to drop significantly. If this is a Robertson 'express yourself' style thing, then he also needs the same dose. The entire bench seemed to actively harm our efforts.

Perenara's final box kick is tricky. Normally you probably wouldn't do it, but there seemed to be a lot of penalties for sealing off in this match. On the balance of probabilities it was probably the better choice, but poorly executed. Sending it back to Jordie to drill down into the back right corner might've been the better option.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I got up to watch this expecting an epic and found myself having no idea who to support.

Eddie channeling his inner wallaby by allowing the other team to get an insurmountable lead and then playing well for the last 20 minutes.

In all seriousness though it was a good watch for a neutral.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Kiwis are losing their awe big time. To let England come back to level would never have been allowed to happen a few years ago.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
England. You're at home. You scored 19 points in ~8 mins. Run the ball, you cowards.

Starting forwards were good, save for Taylor's abominable throwing. Think imma keep flogging that Taukei'aho starting horse. Mo'unga needs an daily slap from every front rower in the team until he stops trying to eek out an extra few metres for penalties. The probability of making touch seems to drop significantly. If this is a Robertson 'express yourself' style thing, then he also needs the same dose. The entire bench seemed to actively harm our efforts.

Perenara's final box kick is tricky. Normally you probably wouldn't do it, but there seemed to be a lot of penalties for sealing off in this match. On the balance of probabilities it was probably the better choice, but poorly executed. Sending it back to Jordie to drill down into the back right corner might've been the better option.
zer0, Taylor had a couple of throws that mised mark in 60 minutes? and ST had one in 20 mins? So neither were too accurate.
RMo? How the f*** he was MOTM surprised me a bit. I still think our tighties run out of puff at end, but c'est le vie it over now, I a bit disappointed , but not overly so. We have dropped a few at Twickers in final test of the year, so at least I guess I will be able to sleep (if a little restlessly).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The poor little lost child that England selected at halfback, ffs wft. Lad was not ready for that at all.

Loving the pommy comms. Rieko bolts 80 metres to score and it's "England have players who can do that, we just don't pick them....."

giphy.gif

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I've merely logged in to comment, that in a 25 all draw of all things, that was the most garbage, shit, boring, pedantic fucking whistle fest I've ever watched. I had about 3 minutes of fun watching the actual rugby and slogged through the whistle fest for the rest of it.

For world rugby to back these fucking shit referees that spoil the game, is atrocious. Glad I don't have to watch any more tests this year.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I've merely logged in to comment, that in a 25 all draw of all things, that was the most garbage, shit, boring, pedantic fucking whistle fest I've ever watched. I had about 3 minutes of fun watching the actual rugby and slogged through the whistle fest for the rest of it.

For world rugby to back these fucking shit referees that spoil the game, is atrocious. Glad I don't have to watch any more tests this year.
Beyond the NZ tries and the final 10 minutes, I agree with you maybe the penalties are fair but fuck we’re a pedantic game then. Every single minute there’d be a stoppage.

Status
Not open for further replies.