• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Surprising. Happy for the lad though. Put in a lot of work over the last few years.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Good on him.

Probably one of his quieter years but this shows the value of availability and consistency. Showed this in what could easily be the most disrupted and distracted Wallaby squad of the professional era.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I reckon Wilkin & Hooper might have something to say about that
The consensus is that Hooper will be fighting it out for the 6 jersey. Wilkin is uncapped, it probably depends a lot on whether Wright can remain injury free and what sort of form he can regain. I’m not advocating for him to get the gig, but you’d think he is as much in the conversation as Wilkin for a bigger bodied 6.5.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wright won't have played a test for four years so he may as well be uncapped for this purpose.

McReight has to start as the runaway favourite for the Wallabies 7 jersey this year with Wright, Wilkin, Gamble and whoever else basically level with each other in terms of their likelihood of making the side.

I don't think there's enough size difference for any of them to be viewed as a substantially different option to McReight.

I'd be pretty surprised if Schmidt's first thought was to look at someone like Tom Hooper or Langi Gleeson for the 7 jersey.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Wright won't have played a test for four years so he may as well be uncapped for this purpose.

McReight has to start as the runaway favourite for the Wallabies 7 jersey this year with Wright, Wilkin, Gamble and whoever else basically level with each other in terms of their likelihood of making the side.

I don't think there's enough size difference for any of them to be viewed as a substantially different option to McReight.

I'd be pretty surprised if Schmidt's first thought was to look at someone like Tom Hooper or Langi Gleeson for the 7 jersey.
I don't disagree with any of this, it's pretty much my thinking as well.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I’d be very surprised if I saw Wilkin get it. He’s a great super player and think he wouldn’t embarrass himself in gold but wouldn't be exceptional.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I know it’s the Wallabies thread and all - but with that’s happened in the last 12 months excluding any player or group of players before a shot has even been fired in super rugby seems premature to me.
Yes, as far as the starting point for Wallabies selections go, I'd be inclined to rule a line at the end of the Rugby Championship squads and go from there. Not suggesting the bolters in the RWC squad didn't deserve to be there, but that is when Eddie went peak rogue.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Can’t see any reds guys making the Wallabsies 1-15 outside of Fraser
I currently have at least 3 in the best Wallaby 15 for the moment (McReight, McDermott and Petaia). Then there are a lot of guys who are on the edges of the squad who could easily end up featuring like Wilson, Campbell, Paisami.

So nah you are fucken wrong m8.

Edit: maybe also Faessler, Uru, Vunivalu

Last edited:

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I currently have at least 3 in the best Wallaby 15 for the moment (McReight, McDermott and Petaia). Then there are a lot of guys who are on the edges of the squad who could easily end up featuring like Wilson, Campbell, Paisami.

So nah you are fucken wrong m8.
?