• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
the cheaper sections actually arent too bad these days. Its the hospo and platinum / gold ones which are a shocker.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I can't even fathom to think what 4-5 tickets to a bledisloe would cost along with buying drinks and food at the game.

Its strange, I paid about $100 for my ticket at commbank last yr & $29 for my seat at the mcg & the seats were pretty comparable just one level lower

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Our game plan for SFS matches is now to buy the cheapest seats and never go to them, just stand on the concourse. You get a great view and the bar it just behind you with added great banter

All the ingredients to a good day out to the rugby

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Our game plan for SFS matches is now to buy the cheapest seats and never go to them, just stand on the concourse. You get a great view and the bar it just behind you with added great banter

All the ingredients to a good day out to the rugby
there's hardly a shit seat in the new SFS anyway, it's one of the benefits of the rebuild

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah the SFS is brillo. A proper modern square pitch stadium. Honestly, don't think I'll ever go to Homebush again unless its free. And its 50/50 even then.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah Homebush is garbage by comparison to a proper rectangular field. You really need a good atmosphere to justify watching in person as opposed to watching at home on tv for homebush.

SFS is like Suncorp, I'd happily sit anywhere including in the upper tiers at the end try-line end because i know I'm going to get a good view anyway. One of the best games of rugby i've watched in person was 2003 RWC Wales vs England in the upper tiers of Suncorp Stadium.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It’s about balance in the forward pack and we can‘t even pick a tight 5 at the moment let alone the back-row. I’m more interested in who the tight 5 will be, because that will influence the back-row selection the most.

Will AAA/Tupou bodies hold up.
Does Slipper have another season at test level in him.
Will an Australian hooker actually throw the ball straight this season.
Lock positions are wide open also especially with Skelton/Arnold availability issues.
I would say that it would be good to leave Skelton and Arnold out of it for this year. We have some good young locks coming through and also LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) back on deck. Let’s pick from those blokes and see how they go against Wales.
Props more or less pick themselves with everyone fit. We have a few hookers with test experience and I’d guess Smit will look at them first.
We need our SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) sides to play a better standard of rugby, less mistakes and more structure to start with.
Exciting times……again.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I would say that it would be good to leave Skelton and Arnold out of it for this year. We have some good young locks coming through and also LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) back on deck. Let’s pick from those blokes and see how they go against Wales.
Props more or less pick themselves with everyone fit. We have a few hookers with test experience and I’d guess Smit will look at them first.
We need our SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific) sides to play a better standard of rugby, less mistakes and more structure to start with.
Exciting times……again.

Have we not learnt anything from the failed Hanigan/LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)/Holloway experiment? Hybrid's dont work at test level

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I'd say LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is more suited to being a lock at test level who can cover 6...
Yeah agreed don’t start him as a 6, his primary role should be lock but he does provide that flexibility to cover either role if required due to injury etc.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The ideal role (all least to my mind) for LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) at test level strikes me as the 20 jersey in a 6-2 split.

Be good to see him play back into the form which warrants match-day test selection. Give the state of locks actually playing in Australia, it’s hard to not see him in the squad. If they parachute in the Arnold’s and Skeltons, that might change a bit though.