• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
1708066398660.png

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Love it.

Next move and it might be asking too much would be to let any adults who are registered players in. They show up and pay for a ticket in beer. Especially if a group show up.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We deserve him as much as Italy- neither of us did anything to develop him.

Not a big fan of genetics?

I dare say his old man might have had some influence on his skill from a coaching and guidance perspective. A lot of which likely came from his time playing rugby … in Australia.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Are we still pretending that representing a country has anything to do with actually being from that country?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Are we still pretending that representing a country has anything to do with actually being from that country?

Louis was born in Treviso. I believe he represented Italy at age level. From my book he has as reasonable an argument to "actually being from that country" than from England and I suspect stronger than coming from Australia.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
James Ramm extends Northampton contract for a further two years.

Northampton Saints back James Ramm has become the latest player to sign a new contract with the Premiership leaders.
The Australian scored eight tries in 19 games last season after arriving at the club from New South Wales Waratahs.
But he has been restricted to just seven appearances so far this season because of a knee injury.
"This year is a bit of a setback but results are definitely going in the right direction, so why wouldn't we want to stay," the 25-year-old said.
"I came over for a bit of exposure to something different and the long-term thing was always a bit of a goal, so it's really nice to be able to say 'yeah, we're here for another two [seasons].

READ MORE

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Louis was born in Treviso. I believe he represented Italy at age level. From my book he has as reasonable an argument to "actually being from that country" than from England and I suspect stronger than coming from Australia.
Born in Treviso to an Italian mother, moved to England at 4 and repped England at every age grade.
I am on board with if you were born there, lived there for 5 years or your parents were born there as the stretch case.
If I have an Italian mom - I’m going to feel pretty Italian. They are close on rules but need to cut out this my grandma bs.
At this point it could be my grandma was born in Scotland and quickly at age 3 moved to aus. I have no connection to the country but can represent it

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is a “meh” post as not really much of anything but former Wallaby Joe Tomane named on the bench for the depleted Broncos team for a trial this weekend.

IMG_5200.png

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Too expensive but would be nice to have Tom Staniforth back home. Was named at lock in the top 14 team of the year for 2023.