• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby: Round 1. Rebels vs Brumbies - 23 Feb AAMI

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Horan in the first half spoke about how good the match up of 13s is and the proceeds to say Daugunu isn’t really a 13.

What a guy
I don't think it's unrealistic to have been excited about it given Daugunu's form there in a brief stint for the reds last year, it was close to the best he's ever played. Nothing wrong with then facing the reality of a new convert to the position struggling in a new and disjoint backline.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fairly forlorn experience from an entertainment perspective.

Rebs have been so abjectly luckless that they'll probably get their 3 pts taken away from them post-match for some reason or another and end up losing 30-0.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I don't think it's unrealistic to have been excited about it given Daugunu's form there in a brief stint for the reds last year, it was close to the best he's ever played. Nothing wrong with then facing the reality of a new convert to the position struggling in a new and disjoint backline.
I have no issue with him being there. Purely the two statements made me laugh. Absolute Horan special.

Think the Rebels have elite Wingers with Vaihu and Daugunu.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Happy with the win, but a lot to work on. Too many penalties given away. Rebels were very disjointed.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fairly forlorn experience from an entertainment perspective.

Rebs have been so abjectly luckless that they'll probably get their 3 pts taken away from them post-match for some reason or another and end up losing 30-0.
The only takeaway is the saders lost earlier ...

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Really needed to come out in front of the die-hard fans....and at this stage it is only the die-hard fans, and put on a better effort. Only week 1, but when every week is not guaranteed you need to perform better than that.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Really needed to come out in front of the die-hard fans....and at this stage it is only the die-hard fans, and put on a better effort. Only week 1, but when every week is not guaranteed you need to perform better than that.
They created chances for 3-4 try scoring moments but blew it. Was pressure and emotion coming into it?

Brumbies stifled them to their credit but it’s almost an unlucky first round opponent.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Depressing that that game felt normal. A complete annihilation 3-30 was just a typical rebels experience.