• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2024

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
2023 Jeffery Cup winners Burraneer still looking for a coach and/or assistant coach for 2024

Last edited:

footy_footy

Chris McKivat (8)
In terms of standard of play for Jeffrey Cup, how would a middle-to-lower placed team in Jeffrey fair against 3rd/4th grade teams from Div 1 and 2? For example, how would Blacktown/Balmain go against 4th Grade St Pats or HH, and also how would Burraneer fair against 3rd Grade teams from Div 1?
With clubs announcing preseason trials I see there is some inter-division fixtures.

Georges River seem to have fixtures against Hornsby & UNSW. St Pat's hosting Kings, Georges River and Alexandria one weekend as well.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It’s a bit of a problem across the board for the smaller clubs I’m hearing

Same old story I guess: volunteers. A lot of clubs are only just starting preseason as well.

As a smaller club, it is hard to get new people on board and excited in Oct/Nov when your preseason doesn't really get going until late Feb.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think the end of summer heat would be helpful to every club and help 'remind' players winter is coming. Lets say goodbye to 35c!

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Reckon you'll get a 3rds this year HeavyD? hearing rumours from reliable sources at Forest a lot have joined them.

oldmate11

Herbert Moran (7)
Huge news out of Subbies divisions 3-5 as clubs have been moved around.

Division 3

We already knew Hawkesbury Valley were in Div 3 earlier this year but they now have been joined by Merrylands and Sydney Irish after both clubs dominated division 4 last year.

Division 4

This division has been thrown into crisis with numbers clearly not good at a number of 2023 division 4 clubs. Hornsby have been added after moving from the central coast comp and Canterbury have also been moved back into division 4, must be good numbers there. However this is now a 6 club division after a number of relegations.

Division 5

These clubs have been added to the lowest division of Subbies: Manly Savers, Chatswood, Northern Saints (now back to St Ives?), Rockdale and Macquarie Uni. Resulting in a huge division that will end up being split im sure.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, it wouldn't be the Subbies thread if somebody didn't jump the gun at least once a week.

The 6 clubs listed as Division 4 right now are those confirmed with 2 teams. There are others still finalising numbers.

Divisional meetings next week to work out the final pieces of the puzzle.

In 2023 Div 5 didn't even have a full draw until round 2, and Round 1 is still 6 weeks away. We're ahead, really :)

oldmate11

Herbert Moran (7)
Well, it wouldn't be the Subbies thread if somebody didn't jump the gun at least once a week.

The 6 clubs listed as Division 4 right now are those confirmed with 2 teams. There are others still finalising numbers.

Divisional meetings next week to work out the final pieces of the puzzle.

In 2023 Div 5 didn't even have a full draw until round 2, and Round 1 is still 6 weeks away. We're ahead, really :)
My bad, was going off the website I thought they only moved teams once confirmed.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
My bad, was going off the website I thought they only moved teams once confirmed.

All good. My understanding is that the site is a pain to update, so probably while adjusting Div 3 a couple of other pieces were moved around

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is the NSWRU marketing pigeon doing anything to encourage subbies clubs to get to Allianz on Friday? Perfect time to be encouraging support before their season kicks off?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Is the NSWRU marketing pigeon doing anything to encourage subbies clubs to get to Allianz on Friday? Perfect time to be encouraging support before their season kicks off?

After that performance, everyone across the Sydney basin should be aiming to get there. Could easily fill the stadium if people pulled finger.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
remember years ago - the tahs had a subbies night where you were encouraged to wear your subbies jersey and they put on free pizz or something.
like to see that one again.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
remember years ago - the tahs had a subbies night where you were encouraged to wear your subbies jersey and they put on free pizz or something.
like to see that one again.
I think the going offer is $40 for GA at the birth end and 2 Cooper's.