• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Super Rugby Team of the Week 2024

snoopycatchicken

Bob McCowan (2)
Round 2:

1. Bell
2. Faesslar
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. Holloway
5. Smith
6. Wright
7. Mcreight
8. Wilson
9. Gordon
10. Edmed
11. Potter
12. Walton
13. Flook
14. Daugunu
15. Kellaway

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
1 Angus Bell
2 Matt Faessler
3 Harry Johnson-Holmes
4 Jed Holloway
5 Jeremy Williams
6 Josh Kemeny
7 Charlie Gamble
8 Harry Wilson
9 Jake Gordon
10 Tom Lynagh
11 Filipo Daugunu
12 Joey Walton
13 Josh Flook
14 Corey Toole
15 Andrew Kellaway

Edmed very close so it may be Red bias, but he made a few mistakes whereas Lynagh was almost perfect. Great in D.

@RugbyReg are you saying you show bias towards the Qld Reds or you don't like redheads? Asking for a friend... ;)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
1. Bell (Waratahs)
2. Faessler (Reds)
3. Johnson-Holmes (Waratahs)
4. Holloway (Waratahs)
5. Williams (Force)
6. Wright (Reds)
7. Gamble (Waratahs)
8. Wilson (Reds)
9. Gordon (Waratahs)
10. Edmed (Waratahs)
11. Toole (Brumbies)
12. Walton (Waratahs)
13. Flook (Reds)
14. Daugunu (Rebels)
15. Kellaway (Rebels)

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Round 2:

1 Angus Bell (tahs)
2 Matt Faessler (Reds)
3 Harry Johnson-Holmes (tahs)
4 Jed Holloway (tahs)
5 Hugh Sinclair (tahs)
6 Liam Wright (Reds)
7 Charlie Gamble (tahs)
8 Harry Wilson (Reds)
9 Jake Gordon (tahs)
10 Tom Lynagh (Reds)
11 Corey Toole (Brumbies)
12 Joey Walton (tahs)
13 Josh Flook (Reds)
14 Filipo Daugunu (Rebels)
15 Andrew Kellaway (Rebels)

HM: Vailanu, Williams/Salakia-Loto/Smith, McReight, McDermott/White, Edmed/Gordon/Donaldson and particularly Fa'agase, Hanigan and Reilly for very strong showings off the bench.

Pretty good round overall, with only the Brumbies under performing, but doing it against the best in the comp. Lock was a very packed field this week. I'm leaning towards picking 4s separately to 5s to recognize the different roles, which sees Holloway in over Williams and Sinclair just beat out Salakaia-Loto and Smith. 10 also very close, with all the starters bar Lolesio staking a claim. 7 very tight, though only between McReight and Gamble.

Tight head and wing probably the weakest, wings in particular are all looking a bit flawed right now.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Round 2

1. Angus Bell (Waratahs)
2. Matt Faessler (Reds)
3. Harry Johnson-Holmes (Waratahs)
4. Jed Holloway (Waratahs)
5. Hugh Sinclair (Waratahs)
6. Liam Wright (Reds)
7. Charlie Gamble (Waratahs)
8. Harry Wilson (Reds)
9. Jake Gordon (Waratahs)
10. Tane Edmed (Waratahs
11. Corey Toole (Brumbies)
12. Joey Walton (Waratahs)
13. Josh Flook (Reds)
14. Filipo Daugunu (Rebels)
15. Andrew Kellaway (Rebels)

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Too late.

1. Angus Bell (Waratahs)
2. Matt Faessler (Reds)
3. Zane Nonggor (Reds)
4. Ryan Smith (Reds)
5. Hugh Sinclair (Waratahs)
6. Liam Wright (Reds)
7. Fraser McReight (Reds)
8. Harry Wilson (Reds)
9. Jake Gordon (Waratahs)
10. Tane Edmed (Waratahs
11. Corey Toole (Brumbies)
12. Joey Walton (Waratahs)
13. Harry Wilson (Waratahs)
14. Filipo Daugunu (Rebels)
15. Andrew Kellaway (Rebels)

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Team of the Week Round 2:

1 Angus Bell (tahs) (11/11) - 1st entry
2 Matt Faessler (Reds) (11/11) - 2nd
3 Harry Johnson-Holmes (tahs) (10/11) - 1st
4 Jed Holloway (tahs) (10/11) - 1st
5 Jeremy Williams (Force) (5/11) - 1st
6 Liam Wright (Reds) (5/11) - 1st
7 Charlie Gamble (tahs) (8/11) - 1st
8 Harry Wilson (Reds) (11/11) - 1st
9 Jake Gordon (tahs) (9/11) - 1st
10Tom Lynagh (Reds) (6/11) - 1st
11 Corey Toole (Brumbies) (10/11) - 2nd
12 Joey Walton (tahs) (11/11) - 1nd
13 Josh Flook (Reds) (9/11) - 1st
14 Filipo Daugunu (Rebels) (11/11) - 1st
15 Andrew Kellaway (Rebels) (11/11) - 2nd

With an (ugly looking) bench of:
16 Fraser McReight (Reds) (3/11)
17 Fergus Lee-Warner (tahs) (2/11)
18 Zane Nonggorr (Reds) (1/11)
19 Ryan Smith (Reds) (3/11)
20 Hugh Sinclair (tahs) (3/11)
21 Josh Kemeny (Rebels) (3/11)
22 Nic White (Force) (1/11)
23 Tane Edmed (tahs) (5/11)

And honourable mentions to: Ned Hanigan (tahs) (1/11), Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (Rebels) (1/11), Harry Wilson (tahs) (2/11), Harry Potter (Force) (1/11).

Special mentions to Faessler and Kellaway who have pooled every possible vote over 2 rounds.

Last edited:

Hogan

Peter Burge (5)
Team of the Week Round 2:

1 Angus Bell (tahs) (11/11) - 1st entry
2 Matt Faessler (Reds) (11/11) - 2nd
3 Harry Johnson-Holmes (tahs) (10/11) - 1st
4 Jed Holloway (tahs) (10/11) - 1st
5 Jeremy Williams (Force) (5/11) - 1st
6 Liam Wright (Reds) (5/11) - 1st
7 Charlie Gamble (tahs) (8/11) - 1st
8 Harry Wilson (Reds) (11/11) - 1st
9 Jake Gordon (tahs) (9/11) - 1st
10Tom Lynagh (Reds) (6/11) - 1st
11 Corey Toole (Brumbies) (10/11) - 2nd
12 Joey Walton (tahs) (11/11) - 1nd
13 Josh Flook (Reds) (9/11) - 1st
14 Filipo Daugunu (Rebels) (11/11) - 1st
15 Andrew Kellaway (Rebels) (11/11) - 2nd

With an (ugly looking) bench of:
16 Fraser McReight (Reds) (3/11)
17 Fergus Lee-Warner (tahs) (2/11)
18 Zane Nonggorr (Reds) (1/11)
19 Ryan Smith (Reds) (3/11)
20 Hugh Sinclair (tahs) (3/11)
21 Josh Kemeny (Rebels) (3/11)
22 Nic White (Brumbies) (1/11)
23 Tane Edmed (tahs) (5/11)

And honourable mentions to: Ned Hanigan (tahs) (1/11), Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (Rebels) (1/11), Harry Wilson (tahs) (2/11), Harry Potter (tahs) (1/11).

Special mentions to Faessler and Kellaway who have pooled every possible vote over 2 rounds.
Harry Potter? His Mum must have voted for him.

Bombed one certain try and let two in!

Wilson

David Codey (61)
A few very close selections this week, so I thought I'd work out the tie breaker criteria and outline them now before they actually need to be used.

My thinking was the first tie breaker would be the combined vote from a few media teams of the week - Nathan Williamson at rugby.com.au Christy Doran at the roar and Paul Cully at Fairfax. These are the 3 I'm aware of selecting only from Australian teams, rather than whole competition. Using the 3 should offer consensus while still producing a clear winner, but in the event it doesn't - (all 3 choose a different candidate, they choose someone ineligible, etc.) it would default to the first deciding vote in that order above - Williamson, then Doran, then Cully.

If that still doesn't differentiate, I'm thinking of using fantasy scoring as the next decider. Probably SuperBru, just because their scoring is freely available.

In the rare case there are still ties beyond that I'll probably just toss a coin.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
A few very close selections this week, so I thought I'd work out the tie breaker criteria and outline them now before they actually need to be used.

My thinking was the first tie breaker would be the combined vote from a few media teams of the week - Nathan Williamson at rugby.com.au Christy Doran at the roar and Paul Cully at Fairfax. These are the 3 I'm aware of selecting only from Australian teams, rather than whole competition. Using the 3 should offer consensus while still producing a clear winner, but in the event it doesn't - (all 3 choose a different candidate, they choose someone ineligible, etc.) it would default to the first deciding vote in that order above - Williamson, then Doran, then Cully.

If that still doesn't differentiate, I'm thinking of using fantasy scoring as the next decider. Probably SuperBru, just because their scoring is freely available.

In the rare case there are still ties beyond that I'll probably just toss a coin.
You could also go for the player picked by the most fans not of their team.

IE. If Kellaway and Petaia both got 10 votes, but mostly Rebels fans voted for Kellaway whilst Petaia gathered more votes from interstate fans, he gets the nod.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
You could also go for the player picked by the most fans not of their team.

IE. If Kellaway and Petaia both got 10 votes, but mostly Rebels fans voted for Kellaway whilst Petaia gathered more votes from interstate fans, he gets the nod.
No, it's unlikely to be definitive, the connection from user to team is nowhere near as strong as it used to be with team icons displayed on posts and most importantly I'm not interested in introducing the implicit suggestion of bias that brings to the selections.

No selection should be seen as more or less valid based on the team a user supports.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I would favour incumbancy. If one of the players in contention was in the previous week's TOTW, then as the incumbent he gets the nod.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I would favour incumbancy. If one of the players in contention was in the previous week's TOTW, then as the incumbent he gets the nod.
That might be better than a coin toss at the end, but no more than that. It's a vote per week, the previous week shouldn't really come into it.

Reactions: dru

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
That might be better than a coin toss at the end, but no more than that. It's a vote per week, the previous week shouldn't really come into it.
The player with the highest fantasy score? Or the least penalised? Leave it to you. Sorry I haven't participated yet, have been under the pump both with work and weekend commitments so haven't been able to watch a lot of games. After this weekend things should settle down.