• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3 Brumbies v Force Canberra 9 March

Hogan

Peter Burge (5)
Potter was definitely hit in the head by Toole’s arm as he was attempting to make the tackle. It was in the process of this tackle that the RHS of Potter’s head was opened. The accidental knee as Potter was falling connected him on the LHS of his head.

How all the officials missed it is beyond me.
Why didn’t they review it? Any contact to the head is a penalty and yellow card. Toole is very lucky to escape penalty.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Potter was definitely hit in the head by Toole’s arm as he was attempting to make the tackle. It was in the process of this tackle that the RHS of Potter’s head was opened. The accidental knee as Potter was falling connected him on the LHS of his head.

How all the officials missed it is beyond me.
Why didn’t they review it? Any contact to the head is a penalty and yellow card. Toole is very lucky to escape penalty.
Lies... He didn't get the cut till he hit the ground, it actually didn't even look like the knee did it.. I think it was the ground or a stray boot.

The refs the crowd everyone thought it was fine, except upset Force fans.. I can take that you might think it differently fine.. but to say the arm cause the cut is totally untrue, and you clearly didn't watch the 50 million replays shown.. I'd be surprised you watch the game at all with this shit take

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Lies... He didn't get the cut till he hit the ground, it actually didn't even look like the knee did it.. I think it was the ground or a stray boot.

The refs the crowd everyone thought it was fine, except upset Force fans.. I can take that you might think it differently fine.. but to say the arm cause the cut is totally untrue, and you clearly didn't watch the 50 million replays shown.. I'd be surprised you watch the game at all with this shit take
After the knee hit a force player came barreling in to the ruck, fell over and headbutted Potter. That’s what cut him.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)

The refs the crowd everyone thought it was fine, except upset Force fans.. I can take that you might think it differently fine.. but to say the arm cause the cut is totally untrue, and you clearly didn't watch the 50 million replays shown.. I'd be surprised you watch the game at all with this shit take.
’The crowd’ thought it was fine because they were 95% Brumbies supporters…. Go to Specsavers ... just enjoy the win I guess because this is not the Brumbies team of past. All those Wallabies and they only beat a depleted Force by 3. With a 50/50 call on a great try by the Force that was disallowed. The Reds will be the best Aussie team this year.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I can only guess it was because he wasn’t punched in the head and because the knee contact was entirely accidental and due to the fact he was dropping quickly to the ground.

If the situation was reversed and a Force player was penalised for an accidental knee like that you would’ve already written 85 posts about it.
He clearly was. I put the photos up. Keep your eyes closed

It's clumsy entering a tackle area that caused head contact. What's the difference to an accidental shoulder to the head in a clean out. They penalise other accidental incidents. Why stop there.

Your probabaly correct about the situation being reversed . He was stiff armed straight to the jaw as well.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Unfortunately the better/stronger teams always win the penalty count, it is just the way the game works, and it is even more so when they are home team.
The problem now for the rest of the season is that our scrum will be targeted by all the other sides and all the refs will have a pre-conceived bias that the force are going to give away a penalty
Our scrum is the worst in the comp. No doubt. Too many injuries

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)

Now what ?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1709981796385.jpg
    FB_IMG_1709981796385.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 29
  • FB_IMG_1709981794120.jpg
    FB_IMG_1709981794120.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 27
  • FB_IMG_1709981791910.jpg
    FB_IMG_1709981791910.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 27

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Now what ?
Those photos don’t show a punch to the head.

Look - I watched the replays and I don’t think Toole made contact with his head. He was going for the ball and tried to attack it over his shoulder. If you think there was head contact - fair enough. The photo on the top right kind of looks like that. I don’t think it’s clear - but whatever. But it wasn’t a punch. And there is a massive difference between contact to the head in a tackle and a punch.

And the fact that you are now claiming he punched him and stiff armed him to the jaw in the same movement makes you sound like a goose to be honest.

Edit: Incidentally your mate Hogan also believes that action split Potter’s for head. Even though the shot shows that if any head contact was made it was low, around the chin.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Those photos don’t show a punch to the head.

Look - I watched the replays and I don’t think Toole made contact with his head. He was going for the ball and tried to attack it over his shoulder. If you think there was head contact - fair enough. The photo on the top right kind of looks like that. I don’t think it’s clear - but whatever. But it wasn’t a punch. And there is a massive difference between contact to the head in a tackle and a punch.

And the fact that you are now claiming he punched him and stiff armed him to the jaw in the same movement makes you sound like a goose to be honest.

Edit: Incidentally your mate Hogan also believes that action split Potter’s for head. Even though the shot shows that if any head contact was made it was low, around the chin.
It's a forearm to the face. Why are you pretending that didn't happen ? Is that not a penalty and yellow card anymore ?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
No…. But an attack to the head. No penalty? The ref needed to action on that. Not to mention the useless touchies.
If you look at my original reply to Shiggins, what I responded directly to was his claim that Toole punched Potter in the head and that they needed to take action on an accidental knee to the head when Potter had fallen to knee height.

I’m still not convinced the above photo shows what you think it does - but yeah, if there was head contact it is at least a penalty and, given the circumstances, probably a yellow. Given that they replayed it a tonne of times and neither the TMO, refs, touchies or commentary team had a problem with it I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you are suggesting. (I don’t remember even Williams from the Force complaining at the time, but maybe I’m wrong).

I’ll leave it at that.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
If you look at my original reply to Shiggins, what I responded directly to was his claim that Toole punched Potter in the head and that they needed to take action on an accidental knee to the head when Potter had fallen to knee height.

I’m still not convinced the above photo shows what you think it does - but yeah, if there was head contact it is at least a penalty and, given the circumstances, probably a yellow. Given that they replayed it a tonne of times and neither the TMO, refs, touchies or commentary team had a problem with it I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you are suggesting. (I don’t remember even Williams from the Force complaining at the time, but maybe I’m wrong).

I’ll leave it at that.
Even if it's not to the face it's still a high tackle penalty. As If I think tool punched him in the face. That was an exaggeration dahh