• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4 : Rebels v Reds. Friday Night (Melbourne)

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I thought it was going to be the ruck that killed the Rebels and it was definitely part of it, but more than that it was the offloads - something like 20 for the Reds and they just ran the Rebels ragged as a result.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Why? He's fast, he's strong, he's skilful and he executes his core roles extremely well. Not sure he'd be more effective with an extra 5-10kg.
Well he didn't win many turnovers for the Wallabies last year but obviously this year he's playing very well and along with a better Wallabies side this year he'll probably be better in Gold this year than last

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Great win for the Reds - that first half was bloody slick. Was good to see a bit of fight from the Rebels too in the second half, but a shame they couldn’t keep it up.

The shine’s been taken off for me with the injury to Henry though. Have witnessed first-hand his recovery efforts from his injuries over the last few seasons and there was finally a light at the end of the tunnel - and in career best form to boot (an early Wobs smokey even). Absolutely devastating.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
I thought Harry McLaughlin-Phillips started really well and it's great to see him play with confidence, but Lynagh was a clear step up, particularly his ability to control and manage the game with kicking and by staying out of contact to run the phases.
Big fan of HMP and excited by his future but I agree. Had a good game and will have learned so much from that starting experience.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Great win for the Reds - that first half was bloody slick. Was good to see a bit of fight from the Rebels too in the second half, but a shame they couldn’t keep it up.

The shine’s been taken off for me with the injury to Henry though. Have witnessed first-hand his recovery efforts from his injuries over the last few seasons and there was finally a light at the end of the tunnel - and in career best form to boot (an early Wobs smokey even). Absolutely devastating.
Totally agree let’s hope it’s not too bad

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rebels better in the second half but it's a shame they handed the reds those two easy tries. Both could have been avoided if the player just took the tackle.

I think it was a good lessonn the reds handed out in H1. Its all well and good to have the big bodies but you have to be able to get around the park too.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am so grateful the Reds are going good this year. I'll go to bed happy again tonight. A nice change to last night going to bed shitty after the Bunnies got pumped.
Why do you go for the bunnies over the Broncos if you're a Q'lder

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Weird. I’m feeling a touch flat after a 50 point bonus point game.

another thing re Tom. It wasn’t just his kicking game, he came on from the bench determined to show some leadership with increased touches and bringing a step change in energy. The team needed it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
these guys are supposed to be professionals, even in park footy you take the tackle and defend off the lineout. Not sure what that winger was thinking
He was put into an impossible spot by Kellaway's very poor, no-look pass though. Not the first time a Kellaway pass has gone astray this match because he doesn't look to see where the support player is.

Last edited: