• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5 : Force v Reds - Perth

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So Paisami straight in for Henry and Annan on the bench for Petaia who is going through the HIA protocols. Probably means Petaia is in doubt for the Brumbies game too, given he was only just out with a concussion.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Interested to see how Potter goes at Fullback, he looks to have a good skill set for it, but that's tough for Burey. Not sure Kuenzle really strikes me as a winger either, but maybe the play is for Potter to be kicking more than chasing kicks to stop him from getting penalised in the air again.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
FB_IMG_1710904464165.jpg

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Interested to see how Potter goes at Fullback, he looks to have a good skill set for it, but that's tough for Burey. Not sure Kuenzle really strikes me as a winger either, but maybe the play is for Potter to be kicking more than chasing kicks to stop him from getting penalised in the air again.
Potter needs to watch his aerial challenges around kick offs. We can't afford any yellows from ill discipline. A loss on Saturday will wrap up the season for the Force. We've said must win, pivotal, can't stress the importance enough, but I think form and injuries point to the expected result.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
When are Petaia and Hodgman back?
Petaia is going through the HIA protocols again, no idea what caused it but if it was a second knock at training there's a pretty good chance he'll miss the Brumbies game.

Hodgman was out 3-4 weeks from his injury in the round 2, so hopefully back next week but not guaranteed.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
That's not good. Just back from the last one wasn't he? Was this last week's game or from training?
No info in the article beyond the fact that he's going through the protocols, so it could be a re-occurrence of the original or a knock from the game or training.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Potter needs to watch his aerial challenges around kick offs. We can't afford any yellows from ill discipline. A loss on Saturday will wrap up the season for the Force. We've said must win, pivotal, can't stress the importance enough, but I think form and injuries point to the expected result.
Surely the in form Reds can’t lose this….

Reds Rick

Stan Wickham (3)
So Paisami straight in for Henry and Annan on the bench for Petaia who is going through the HIA protocols. Probably means Petaia is in doubt for the Brumbies game too, given he was only just out with a concussion.
Keen to see how Annan goes, thought he had some promising moments in the few appearances he had last year.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
FORCE (1-15): Ryan Coxon, Tom Horton, Santiago Medrano, Thomas Franklin, Jeremy Williams (c), Tim Anstee, Carlo Tizzano, Will Harris, Nic White, Ben Donaldson, Chase Tiatia, Hamish Stewart, Sam Spink, Bayley Kuenzle, Harry Potter

RESERVES: Ben Funnell, Josh Bartlett, Tiaan Tauakipulu, Lopeti Faifua, Reed Prinsep, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Max Burey, George Poolman
Happy with those changes, Kuenzle deserved to stay in the starting side and prefer the 5/3 split on the bench.

Big fan of IFL but I do think we missed White's leadership last week so I think this is our best option.

Reserve front row still a big concern. Would have liked to have seen O'Donnell or Leahy given a shot over Poolman

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Keen to see how Annan goes, thought he had some promising moments in the few appearances he had last year.
I thought he was out of his depth last year, but he was still learning and he played really well in the U20s and has earned another shot.

Anyone seen his form in the Reds academy matches?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah. This is more a banana skin game for us than the Rebels game. We SHOULD win but the Force could well be absolutely firing after their dire game last week. Cron should have them absolutely juiced and ready to go. They won’t be caught by surprise as to the speed of the game like the Rebels were. The likes of Tizzano, Horton, Stewart, Anstee will help slow the ruck down more. That could be enough to throw off the Reds.
I feel like this is trolling but if it is its not obvious enough to have hit the mark.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I feel like this is trolling but if it is its not obvious enough to have hit the mark.

No. Genuine. I think the Force backline is better than the Rebels and I think Cron is a better coach than Foote. I think Cron will have a game plan that can counter us better than the Rebels and has a pack to do it. They have a good defensive line out and busy on ballers. And a great tactical 9.

Our record in Perth ain’t great (only won their thrice).

Look. We should win. But I feel way less confident this week than last. I thought the force bench was pretty raw but the reality is ours, outside of JTA, only has 16 super rugby starts between them.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
No. Genuine. I think the Force backline is better than the Rebels and I think Cron is a better coach than Foote. I think Cron will have a game plan that can counter us better than the Rebels and has a pack to do it. They have a good defensive line out and busy on ballers. And a great tactical 9.

Our record in Perth ain’t great (only won their thrice).

Look. We should win. But I feel way less confident this week than last. I thought the force bench was pretty raw but the reality is ours, outside of JTA, only has 16 super rugby starts between them.
Good try Reg but I wouldn’t want Bayley Kuenzle on the wing for Shute Shield let alone a Super Rugby game. The backline screams mediocrity and you know that.

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Delaying the start for referee comms…. Maybe just go back to the old way of officiating without them?

Now they’re playing fake crowd noise and it sounds horrible
Seems like major technical issues at this stage