• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Hurricanes v Rebels - Friday 22/3 - 5pm AEDT

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The Rebels loose forwards are great with ball in hand but fuck they don't know what a ruck looks like eh? All the 'Canes had to do was dominate the ruck for the first 20 and the game was done.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Canes were just way better skilled,drilled and did it easy with 14 changes to their side. Rebels just not good enough unfortunately. Some good play in small patches …

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Roll it up now. Ship Gordon x 2 off to the Reds. Leota can go make big bucks in France, he deserves it. Kellaway can go join Waratahs now.

Everyone else is useless. The 11, 12, 13, 14 were dire. Jeez I miss Koroibete, Hodge & To'omua.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Roll it up now. Ship Gordon x 2 off to the Reds. Leota can go make big bucks in France, he deserves it. Kellaway can go join Waratahs now.

Everyone else is useless. The 11, 12, 13, 14 were dire. Jeez I miss Koroibete, Hodge & To'omua.
I'm harsh, but that even bit harsh for me.

I'd say Bye bye Kevin Foote, let Laurie Fisher run the team until the end of season. KF only has 2 months left on his contract so won't have to pay anything really.

So Kellaway of available needs to move to wing at let Gordon know start at 15.

Really missing Wilkin/Hardwick at 7.

Canes away was always going to be tough, there squad depth is insane.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Even guys like Billy Meakes and Tom English.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I don’t want the Gordons up here thanks. Happy with who we have. Don’t mind LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) though. Reckon would could return Mafi to Wallaby quality too.
Nonsense. If Lynagh goes down you are probably going to end up with O'Connor at 10 again. Edit: Forgot about HMP.

Another guy that I think strengthens any of the other sides is Louwrens. He's better than most other sides bench options. Certainly better than Thomas.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tupou has looked good. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) on the otherhand has been shite.
Honest truth mate if you thought Tupou looked good, we see different things a player. At the game it was noticeable he walked more than ran or jogged, he looks so out of condition. Though to be fair he helped slow game down when he came on. The Boks could of taken lessons! But in all was pretty happy, Canes changed basically whole team, and all the newbies looked good.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Man carter Gordan is tough. Toughest 10 Aussie rugby has had in a long time. Was great to see toupo get more game time and inject well in a few plays.
Gordans brother doenst look half bad either.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I flicked over to the Loig. Did he take a shot like Tom did the other night?
He got a pretty good rib tickler, I wouldn't have wanted to keep going after a shot like that but it didn't seem to bother him at all once he got his breath back.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
FFS that was clearly the Canes B team and they still scored 54. Going to be a hell of a final between them and the Chiefs
Palmy North is generally regarded as the North Island's most Bogan town & opinion is divided as to whether it out-Bogans the Shame of the South that is Timaru.
Timaru is Versailles after the summer rains compared to fucking Palmy.

Last edited:

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Nonsense. If Lynagh goes down you are probably going to end up with O'Connor at 10 again. Edit: Forgot about HMP.

Another guy that I think strengthens any of the other sides is Louwrens. He's better than most other sides bench options. Certainly better than Thomas.

It isn't nonsense. Lawson Creighton, Tom Lynagh, Harry McLaughlin-Phillips, and as you say James O'Connor. If push comes to shove there is also Jock Campbell who can manage first play maker. Carter is fabulous and his brother showed some potential as well. They should both be accommodated within Australian rugby. It just wont be at the Reds barring something very strange. Actually several things.