• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5 : Force v Reds - Perth

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well done Force good win and turnaround - Very disappointing from the reds not satisfied that they've changed much - a loss against a poor Force side this year who were bottom of the table and have probably the 2nd worst roster in the comp confirms that

They won't challenge for the title IMO

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well done Force. Fantastic performance. Held strong through the early 5-10 mins of QLD and then just powered on from there. Showed great intent. So many good players. Tizzano, Spink, Stewart, White, Horton, Williams, Donaldson. Excellent.

Reds were really poor. Backrow out of the game, although Wright kept toiling. A real kick to the balls for them. Will be fascinating how (if) they bounce back next week.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well done Force deserved to win.. Really took it to the Reds.. Tizzano my mom with White close behind that. He makes them so much better

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Disappointing. A solid fight at the end but we can't take 60 minutes to get into the game. I had thought we might see this from the Reds last week but instead it was this. Flat from the start, particularly in the forwards. If ever there was an argument for some judicious rotation to keep everyone fresh and hungry this was it.

That said, it was excellent from the Force, at least for the first half. They played it to a tee and really worked the game to their favour. White and Donaldson really hitting their straps in (the not terrible) blue.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Well done Force. Fantastic performance. Held strong through the early 5-10 mins of QLD and then just powered on from there. Showed great intent. So many good players. Tizzano, Spink, Stewart, White, Horton, Williams, Donaldson. Excellent.

Reds were really poor. Backrow out of the game, although Wright kept toiling. A real kick to the balls for them. Will be fascinating how (if) they bounce back next week.
Brumbies seem to be slowely pulling their shit together and the Reds having a bit of a wobble. Should be a good watch.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Disappointing. A solid fight at the end but we can't take 60 minutes to get into the game. I had thought we might see this from the Reds last week but instead it was this. Flat from the start, particularly in the forwards. If ever there was an argument for some judicious rotation to keep everyone fresh and hungry this was it.

That said, it was excellent from the Force, at least for the first half. They played it to a tee and really worked the game to their favour. White and Donaldson really hitting their straps in (the not terrible) blue.
Donaldson's form has me feeling a little like this

1711189782407.gif

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Can someone explain how the TMO finds no issue with the reds knocking the ball on 1m into a force player and then tate scoring on the next phase?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The first half lead was so good. The defence and counter fucking was first class and the force played almost perfect footy in defence and then scoring when they had chances. So good to see.

I was still very doubtful as the boys have so often led the games early and just capitulated into the worst rugby they have ever played.