• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 8: Rebels v Highlanders - Sat 13th

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Massive massive game for the Rebels, a bonus point win here would get them to 24 points. In the last two seasons 23 points has been enough to make finals. I don't support a top 8 but securing the points with 7 rounds to go would be massive. With the remaining games getting tougher it becomes even more important.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Especially as we have a terrible home run - Saders, Blues, Reds, Chiefs, Brumbies, Drua away. Can't see where we will get many points from those

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
REBELS (1-15): Matt Gibbon, Jordan Uelese, Sam Talakai (c), Tuaina Taii Tualima, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Josh Kemeny, Maciu Nabolakasi, Vaiolini Ekuasi, Ryan Louwrens, Carter Gordon, Darby Lancaster, David Feliuai, Filipo Daugunu, Lachie Anderson, Andrew Kellaway

RESERVES: Alex Mafi, Isaac Kailea, Taniela Tupou, Angelo Smith, Daniel Maiava, Jack Maunder, Matt Proctor, Nick Jooste

HIGHLANDERS (1-15): Daniel Lienert-Brown, Henry Bell, Saula Ma'u, Oliver Haig, Pari Pari Parkinson, Sean Withy, Billy Harmon (c), Nikora Broughton, Folau Fakatava, Ajay Faleafaga, Jona Nareki, Sam Gilbert, Tanielu Tele'a, Timoci Tavatavanawai, Jacob Ratumaitavuki-Kneepkens

RESERVES: Ricky Jackson, Ethan de Groot, Rohan Wingham, Hugo Plummer, Will Stodart, James Arscott, Matt Whaanga, Connor Garden-Bachop

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I like the rebalancing of the backrow with outs and ins for the forwards. Maunder in is interesting unless Tuttle picked up a knock. Harsh on Vaihu.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Is De Groot returning from injury or rotation? Interesting battle shapes between him and TT.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Good chance to give Canham a rest after the head knock, given that Kemeny returns, and some backrow jiggling can occur.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Is Cabous playing QPR? I really thought he could be a wallaby contender when eligible. What's happening with him?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Is Cabous playing QPR? I really thought he could be a wallaby contender when eligible. What's happening with him?
long term idk, but Kalea hasn't put a foot wrong since he started the last ~3 games of 2023. I thought a season reset would maybe give Eloff a chance, but he seemingly picked up a niggle right on the edge of the season, and he hasn't done enough when given the opportunities to push either of the two looseheads out.

Must be frustrating for him and Pone sitting here holding tackle bags when the Tahs and the Force are losing props left right and center.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
long term idk, but Kalea hasn't put a foot wrong since he started the last ~3 games of 2023. I thought a season reset would maybe give Eloff a chance, but he seemingly picked up a niggle right on the edge of the season, and he hasn't done enough when given the opportunities to push either of the two looseheads out.

Must be frustrating for him and Pone sitting here holding tackle bags when the Tahs and the Force are losing props left right and center.
I'm curious that we're not doing much rotation. Brumbies seemed to rotate their hookers when they had Fainga'a, McInery and Longeran.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm curious that we're not doing much rotation. Brumbies seemed to rotate their hookers when they had Fainga'a, McInery and Longeran.
Season's too short to worry about that, need to win this week so best starting team is the call.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I wouldn't be surprised if he passed a HIA after the elbow and failed one after the game. I would expect they have to do another afterwards to be on the safe side.