• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 10: Waratahs v Chiefs. Friday 26th April 7:35 pm

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That was disappointing after a good showing in the first half. Starting to think Max Jorgensen isn't the saviour at 15. His defence one on one is very suspect (as we should expect given his age and experience). Harrison also offered no more, and possibly less than Edmed at 10. Gleeson is a mere shadow of last year.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
That was disappointing after a good showing in the first half. Starting to think Max Jorgensen isn't the saviour at 15. His defence one on one is very suspect (as we should expect given his age and experience). Harrison also offered no more, and possibly less than Edmed at 10. Gleeson is a mere shadow of last year.
I don’t disagree with any of this on tonight’s game. Bigger picture though it’s pretty much all wrong.

edit: except the jorgo bit, yes he is overhyped currently. The potential is there for sure though

griffins

Alfred Walker (16)
Some decent moments in attack but fucking lightweight defence. Has Jorgo ever actually made a cover tackle?
The hype was unfortunately misplaced there. You see glimpses that suggest he's going to be good but he's still a child/miles off. Probably the best thing for him that he was injured and just a waste of a spot in the WC squad last year, rather than being thrown in and embarrased in a crucial match.

No way on earth the Roosters are seriously considering throwing cash at him. His manager should do him a favour and stop spreading such shit and just let him develop.

griffins

Alfred Walker (16)
I thought Gleeson was actually pretty good?

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Who import most of their players from Tonga, Samoa and Fiji
Just like Australia. I mean, the Pacific Islands should be states of NZ and OZ. There are more Pacific Islanders living in OZ and NZ than living on the islands

Last edited:

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Tahs need to hold the ball, I like that they’re looking for offloads and trying not to “die with the ball” but throwing offloads when they clearly aren’t on cost us twice. Damian McKenzie was exceptional tonight, incredible vision. Would love to see Tahs without so many injuries

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I don't know how upset the tahs can be. The chiefs are just a better side. That's about as good as the tahs could play against them.