• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

10-fors

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ajaz Patel has just joined Laker & Kumble in the 10-for club. Just this morning I was explaining to a guy who knows nothing about cricket that whereas Patel having taken all four wickets on Day 1 was obviously a good thing, the fact no-one else had taken any was a worry because, obviously, Patel wasn't going to get all 10 on account of him not being in the Laker or Kumble class...

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Did you see the one where the batsman asked for a review after being bowled? In fairness he may have thought he was given out caught behind & he hadn't hit it, or that the 'keeper had broken the wicket, but 'twas funny AF at the time with several beers under the belt. Probably one of those things that won't seem quite so funny on replay.

Sir Paddles has contacted Patel to give him his congrats, as I knew he would: one of RJH's pet sayings was that records are made to be broken. Interesting too that of the previous 10-fors Lake's was on an uncovered wicket & I seem to recall there being some controversy wrt to some of the umpiring when Kumble got his.

Last edited:

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Didn’t see the Ashwin DRS but heard about it later and only he could have reviewed a bowled. Patel’s 10 for also stands out from Laker and Kumble because it was in the first innings.