• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 Argentina vs Australia - 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Team Rehab

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw - Rugby is the Winner

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
Yep just needed any win and any SA loss to swap back with them.

And the nice thing about that is we don't have to listen to the Yarpies bleating about their God-given right to ascend into the footballing firmament

W

Waylon

A guts effort. The pack was awesome. The effort and desire was not lacking.

Deans still has to go. The wallaby style is more boring than ice curling

curling.jpg

Despite a glut of posession and go forward.......we did nothing. Mccabe was faceless at 12. We have boring backs. They also lack basic skills like catching the ball, passing in front of the man, catching high balls, kicking

Even at full strength, the backline is sent out with a negative conservative gameplan

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
How can these blokes play a full season of rugby, be on tour together, as a group now for as long as they have been for this campaign and put in a performance like that???

Ill be sending the bill to the ARU for the broken lamp beside my TV that bore the brunt of me losing my s.t and throwing my fork in disgust whilst trying to enjoy my breakfast this morning.
Have a teary. We're basically playing with a second and third choice team. I'll take the win.

J

Jiggles

A guts effort. The pack was awesome. The effort and desire was not lacking.

Deans still has to go. The wallaby style is more boring than ice curling

curling.jpg

Despite a glut of posession and go forward...we did nothing. Mccabe was faceless at 12. We have boring backs. They also lack basic skills like catching the ball, passing in front of the man, catching high balls, kicking

Even at full strength, the backline is sent out with a negative conservative gameplan

When the nuances are understood, ice curling is a very tense and exciting game.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Higgy finally gets a run in his best position & played a great game, kept it pretty tight & had a good workrate. Can we please start him at 6 from now on.
Don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread so far but those laser pointers on the goal kickers were very poor form & doesn't reflect well on the Argie fans.
On another note Argentinas national anthem is up there with the best for passion & the intro to it is good fun..... but fuck me didn't they butcher our anthem!

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Also good that the win gets us back to 2nd in the IRB rankings, gives us a bit of a buffer on the EoYT leading into the RWC seedings. This is far more important than some here give credit.

Very happy that Sharpe was able to go out a winner to, wish he could hang around for another season.
Well done on becoming Australia's most capped forward & thanks for a great career Sharpie!

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
Save for one kick on our goal line under pressure, Beale's general play kicking was outstanding. Rather than mindless chip kicking and grubbering, he kicked to a plan tonight and executed really well. He was responsible for pinning the Argies in the corner for most of the first half.

He really didn't get a lot of clean ball to work with, but what he did get he put to good use. He is willing to take on the line, and actually loops around a player when he passes in an effort to create an overlap. Considering his form a few weeks ago, he has really stepped up in the 10 jumper.

Couldn't agree more. He looks noticeably fitter and quicker off the mark, smarter kicking game than Barnes and Cooper, more impact in defense than Cooper and every now and again does something special. He could be going a long way to mortgaging the spot for the near future. Certainly don't think the ARU will be chasing Quade particularly hard while Beale is playing like this.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Hmmm, not sure Tigerland, commentary seemed to think it was his last game. Hope he comes out for one more against the AB's, we need him there even if it's just for his captaincy.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
My critisizm of Digby relates to the fact that over the years Mrs D and I have been at Suncorp Stadium and seen him constantly with ball in hand still gaining ground with two or three opponents hanging on to him, and often unloading the ball (like a smaller version of Artie Beatson). Now he does that stupid "chink" or "half goose-step", like Quade, allowing the tacklers to get to him fractionally sooner, and gets dumped immediately. Give up the dumb plays Digby, and run at the opposition like you did in Super Rugby. The "Old Digby" was one of the most exciting players in years.
In the past season, some of our backs seem to ease up and let the opposition come to them (maybe it's a confidence thing).

I was happy with Aussie Mike's game and the fact he didn't allow any tries in. He and Kurtley have combined well in the last two tests, including that try at the end of the match in SA.

Re the dropped ball by both teams: Andrew Slack on Chn 9 said current match balls have dimples to combat rain, but they aren't as effective in humid/sweaty conditions such as those experienced at Rosario tonight!
Probably the "oil content" from those beefy forwards "fouling" the balls!!

For an 'old bloke', Sheehan still has a lot to learn. He shouldn't have looked so happy in the post-match photo shoot!

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
JO'C looks like he's playing for the wrong super team if he wants to have a future at 10. I wonder if he's on the phone with Link?

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Where does this culture of entitlement come from? It was a crippled Wallabies team playing in difficult conditions against a spoiling team at the end of a long and brutal season. Do you really think they weren't trying their hardest?

I don't give two s..ts if they were 'trying' or not. They are all on over $100k + and $10k per test match.... 'Trying' doesn't even come into play...

There were so many examples in that game of players having a serious lack of skill level and direction, go back and watch the game closely.

What's a 'spoiling' team???? Every team tries to 'spoil'. It's as if one journo has blurted this crap mid week and everyone walks around repeating the same thing.

Bernie_Larkham

Herbert Moran (7)
When did he do that? I remember him butchering the shit out of a good opportunity in the second half on the right wing. Happy for him to be afforded more opportunities but he didn't show anything. Then again, I wasn't desperate to see awesome things even if they weren't there.

Well I'd agree he stuffed arty opportunity but he is the only centre to have actually created something almost all year. He actually beat his marker prior to not passing. He beat numerous tackles tonight in tight situations,
Offloaded in the tackle, yes it's possible, a few times, ran good lines, dropped some he should have taken but anew weren't his fault either. He defends and tackles well and has an important left foot which we badly need.

If you think AUS rugby will develop with workman like payers such as McCabe, Horne and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) then that's cool. I actually want to see rugby players who can do all of the above, not league players in a wallaby jersey who die with the ball every tie they get it or have absolutely no ability to get others into the game.

A centre like Taps is vitally important, I'd have thought the past 5 years of picking plodders would have deemed that pretty fucking obvious.

W

What2040

I thought Taps had a fine debut in difficult circumstances. Wasn't spectacular, but offered more than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has in weeks past. Would like to see him get a run at 12 though.
was a bit disappointed in Taps BOMBING a try

W

What2040

Gutsy win by Wallabies.
Forwards played well except for some absolutely stupid penalties.
The backs were bloody horrible - except for Beale. Looks like he is fit, and motivated - great to see. Digby scored a great try from a great line, other than that he should have been dragged. His skills level is shocking, particularly his ball security. - he turned the ball over at least 4 times. I don't know how many metres that equates to but must be heaps. Jeez and Phipps passing ??? We just need to do the simple things right. Dropped ball by Cummins and Harris and silly penalties.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I don't give two s..ts if they were 'trying' or not. They are all on over $100k + and $10k per test match.. 'Trying' doesn't even come into play.

There were so many examples in that game of players having a serious lack of skill level and direction, go back and watch the game closely.

What's a 'spoiling' team???? Every team tries to 'spoil'. It's as if one journo has blurted this crap mid week and everyone walks around repeating the same thing.
Of course it does. I can imagine having a tantrum like yours if the players completely gave up and looked like they couldn't be bothered, when they've clearly done their best I'm not going to be too upset. Plenty of positives to come out of today, the forwards actually won the collisions, the scrum got on top, Higgers showed he can play a proper game at test level, Beale is getting his confidence back, Timani showed his earlier performance wasn't just a once-off, Hooper continues to amaze. On the other hand we gave away some silly penalties, Phipps isn't up to it, handling was largely poor - in slippery conditions - and Digby had a shocker. There are definitely coaching issues, but this isn't the sort of game that would have me throwing forks. Still, I'm sure the Wallabies are very sorry for winning in a manner that failed to meet your standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.