• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Spring Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Does anyone know what the games dates are for the Wallabies EOYT to Italy and the UK? We are planning a family trip to the UK in November and I would love to time the trip so we could catch a couple of games.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
2nd Nov: Wallabies England
9th Nov: Wallabies Italy
16th Nov: Wallabies Ireland
23rd Nov: Wallabies Scotland
30th Nov: Wallabies Wales

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep 5 Tests. The ARU are trying to kill our players.

Shows you how bad their financial situation must be to be this desperate. RUPA must be ropeable.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The WRU and the ARU really love whoring their teams out don't they, the Welsh try to undermine their regions at every opportunity by playing games when there are Rabo games scheduled and the ARU should probably only go for 3 games given they're playing the Lions, 3 Bledisloe games and long haul trips to South America and Africa.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
5 Tests in a row at the back end of an already massive season. I don't know how the players can get up for the last couple of games. We'll need to blood a lot of new players, which is a positive I guess. I don't expect good results.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd still back the Wallabies for 4 wins even factoring in the inevitable injuries that occur. The quality of international rep NH rugby is probably at the overall lowest since professionalism, one of Wales or Ireland will win hopefully it will be Ireland given the Joe Schmidt factor.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Pulver has come out and said how bad their financial position is... so at least they are being up-front about it... The players don't want pay cuts, so...

Madness to play Wales as the last match - but on the bright side, we need to get that inveitable loss out of the way before the World Cup. I think its bad mojo to carry 9 or 10 straight wins over them into the Pool of Dearth in 2015...

still, would laugh myself sick if we managed a win on Nov. 30....

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I know that the ARU are cash strapped but surely, given its a Lions year, there must be a trade off of the money against the long term fitness of their front line Wallaby players in the instance of organising this additional Welsh game

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Apparently not...

around the time the players will be preparing to depart for this tour, several will no doubt still be in negotiations with their various Clubs and the ARU... I have no doubt that the ARU has worked out how much is available for that contract fund, and how much is left over to pay for the electricity and office coffee... From the numbers Pulver is mentioning, there are going to be serious problems in the next 4 years - particularly if a couple of startling new sponsorships cannot be found... amazing to see Huwei (or whatever) sponsoring NRL Teams after the shafted the Brumbies not too long ago...

(and normally I am all for the Brumbies getting shafted).. but not in this case.

T

Train Without a Station

5 Tests in a row at the back end of an already massive season. I don't know how the players can get up for the last couple of games. We'll need to blood a lot of new players, which is a positive I guess. I don't expect good results.

Massive? inbound series and TRC. Isn't that the standard regular season schedule now though? Not saying it's short, but it's as short as we will ever see again, and just as short as last year isn't it?

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
I'd still back the Wallabies for 4 wins even factoring in the inevitable injuries that occur. The quality of international rep NH rugby is probably at the overall lowest since professionalism, one of Wales or Ireland will win hopefully it will be Ireland given the Joe Schmidt factor.

Not much chance of it being Wales as half our team won't be able to play and will be back with their French/English club sides.
Another pointless flogging of the Welsh paying public to earn an extra few million, hope no bugger buys tickets.:mad:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IIRC, Wales will pay us several millions to play outside the IRB window. That's excluding the normal income. Big cash cow.

T

Train Without a Station

IIRC, Wales will pay us several millions to play outside the IRB window. That's excluding the normal income. Big cash cow.

What's the motivation for them to play outside the window? Obviously it doesn't affect us but wouldn't they be reasonably weakened?

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Money, plain & simple. A full Millennium stadium generates a few million quid. Upwards of £4 million on the biggest earners I think.
The WRU don't care too much if a decimated Welsh side without half their star names gets soundly beaten if they sell out the ground.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.