• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Schools Debating (NSW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seldrax

Bob McCowan (2)
Eastside Senior topic was: That when a school is limited in the amount of language programs it can provide, it will offer languages in the order of global speaking population. (ie Chinese, Spanish, etc etc) That's not exact wording just general gist --> horrible topic, ESPECIALLY considering language as a topic was Eastside Round 1.

ThatWasTheJoke

Peter Burge (5)
The Eastside topics this year have been beyond awful, I'm sure there has to be some ulterior motive to having 2 language in schools topics in 3 weeks.

No upsets though as far as I know

Seldrax

Bob McCowan (2)
I've heard that while SGHS has recently been beefed up with a national public speaker, a state squad member and a CHS member; High may not run their illustrious Hugh Bartley and is going with a rotating squad for trialling purposes. As in a refined stacked state level certified team vs. a lolly bag of 1st-3rds material.

ThatWasTheJoke

Peter Burge (5)
I've heard that while SGHS has recently been beefed up with a national public speaker, a state squad member and a CHS member; High may not run their illustrious Hugh Bartley and is going with a rotating squad for trialling purposes. As in a refined stacked state level certified team vs. a lolly bag of 1st-3rds material.

You seem to have a bit of a vendetta against High and moreover a fervent, unhealthy love for SGHS.

I suspect that this was not something you 'heard'!

Also those are some fantastic ISDA topics!

Spraggon

Frank Row (1)
lol

MedStudent

Frank Row (1)
Seems that the lolly bag prevailed . . . even without the ever illustrious Hugh Bartley.

Topic was: That the feminist movement should focus on workplace success.

rowerforlife

Peter Burge (5)
Seems that the lolly bag prevailed . even without the ever illustrious Hugh Bartley.

Topic was: That the feminist movement should focus on workplace success.

Interesting topic, although your name gives away what school you may have gone to....

Anyone know how to find Eastside results to see who is in the lead?

Shortrep

Allen Oxlade (6)
ISDA results from last night anyone?

ISDA have only uploaded up to Round 4 Results, we finished round 6 last night.

The Topics for Gender Round 6 were

Junior: That we should force schools to teach subjects generally associated with the opposite gender

Senior: That parents should be forced to take equal amounts of parental leave in order to receive it.

Shortrep

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tables going into the Final Round of the regular season:

Group A

1: Grammar - 6 Wins
2: Scots - 4 Wins - Only debated 5 Times
3: PLC - 4 Wins
4: St Aloysius - 3 Wins
5: Loretto Kirribilli - 2 Wins
6: Monte - 2 Wins - Only debated 5 times
7: Stella Maris - 1 Win
8: Kings - 1 Win

Group B

1: MLC - 5 Wins
2: Shore - 5 Wins
3: Kambala - 4 Wins
4: Abbotsleigh - 4 Wins
5: Tangara - 3 Wins
6: Wenona - 2 Wins
7: Queenwood - 1 Win
8: St Augustines - 0 Wins

Group C

1: Riverview - 5 Wins
2: Knox - 4 Wins - Only debated 5 times
3: Brigidine - 3 Wins - Only debated 5 Times
4: Roseville - 3 Wins
5: Redlands - 3 Wins
6: St Andrews - 2 Wins
7: Pymble - 2 Wins
8: St Catherines - 1 Win

Group D

1=: Kincoppal and Barker - 5 Wins
3: St Josephs - 4 Wins
4: Ravenswood - 4 Wins
5: Cranbrook - 2 Wins
6: Trinity - 2 Wins
7: Ascham - 1 Win
8: St Lukes - 1 Win

At this point, the likely octos match ups are

Grammar v Ravenswood
Shore v Brigidine
Barker v Aloysius
Kambala v Knox
MLC v Roseville
Scots v St Josephs
Riverview v Abottsleigh
Kincoppal v PLC

There in order by the way, so the winner of Grammar v Ravenswood would meet the winner of Shore and Brigidine in the Quarters and so on.

ca1cu1us

Frank Nicholson (4)
interesting. Based on my predictions which is on the previous page I am on track to get 14/16 predictions right.
One of the two i didnt get was the 4th team in pool C because it was a bit of a stab in the dark. Judging by those results, it seems to be a lucky dip anyway. The other was Cranbrook which I figured would do better than joeys based on joeys past performance. I also think it is interesting to be on track to get so many predictions given how much various people in the comp have been complaining about adjudicators

also Knox and Brigidine are only on 5 debates. Tally shows it has been postponed as well

Status
Not open for further replies.