• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Schools Debating (NSW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ca1cu1us

Frank Nicholson (4)
I also was told Grammar was aff. I heard that MLC pulled in one of their FED speakers to replace the sick team member in the debate against Redlands. I didn't know that they ironmanned it. If it was ironmanning is that allowed in the rules?
Rubgy fan are you certain they only debated with 2?
Results i heard were kincoppal, ravenswood and mlc senior a are through.
Word is that Ravenswood did an excellent job in the debate

octos are 1 topic 1 adj. panels dont start until later. same goes for topic selection. I think quarters get topic selection?

Shortrep

Allen Oxlade (6)
I also was told Grammar was aff. I heard that MLC pulled in one of their FED speakers to replace the sick team member in the debate against Redlands. I didn't know that they ironmanned it. If it was ironmanning is that allowed in the rules?
Rubgy fan are you certain they only debated with 2?
Results i heard were kincoppal, ravenswood and mlc senior a are through.
Word is that Ravenswood did an excellent job in the debate

octos are 1 topic 1 adj. panels dont start until later. same goes for topic selection. I think quarters get topic selection?

Any Word on the Riverview v Tangara debate?

#1 Rugby Fan

Bob McCowan (2)
I think in previous years the protocol is to delay those debates with missing nationals speakers until they are back from nationals-so nothing is blowing wide open.

The ironmanning was just what I heard - I wasn't there so cannot confirm, but I just heard that after prep one of the speakers became too ill to do it. Given the emergency it's probably within the rules/unspokenly within the rules. Would be difficult to pull in someone in that case. Either way, congrats to MLC in a very tough situation.

Commiserations to the great team from Grammar :(

Any predictions for this Friday night

Al92

Allen Oxlade (6)
Riverview senior a won their octo from neg against tangara. Aff had trouble with case set up that put them in a bad position in the debate.

Who is this friday in senior a?

This Friday in Senoir A is:

Shore v Roseville
Scots v Joeys
Knox v Abbotsleigh
Barker v PLC Sydney

My predictions would be Shore, Scots, Knox and Barker, but the adjs as well as the topic could see top teams lose like last Friday.

ca1cu1us

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not a great night at Barker for Barker. Both Barker senior teams knocked out. Barker Senior A (aff) lost to PLC Sydney. Barker Senior B (neg) lost to Monte. Topic for seniors for octos 2 was abolishing Pharmaceutical Patents.

don't h8 just deb8

Stan Wickham (3)
I believe NSDC begins tonight?

Place your bets people - it was initially thought that NSW would be greatly weakened with the loss of the entire 2016 team, however those assumptions have been challenged by the exceptional performances of these debaters for their respective schools.

I also understand the Qld team finally has some female members, so perhaps that may assist them retain the trophy?

Despite the population imbalance, from what I saw the ACT team was much better than Vic, WA and SA in 2016 so I wonder if that will occur again.

We shall soon find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.