• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Schools Debating (NSW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Rugby Fan

Bob McCowan (2)
Unbiasedly am backing NSW - give them a day to acclimate to Brisbane and they'll be fully their fantastic selves. Daniel, Bella, Ella and Ellie are a force to be reckoned with.

Turf_Mudder

Frank Row (1)
I also was told Grammar was aff. I heard that MLC pulled in one of their FED speakers to replace the sick team member in the debate against Redlands. I didn't know that they ironmanned it. If it was ironmanning is that allowed in the rules?
Rubgy fan are you certain they only debated with 2?
Results i heard were kincoppal, ravenswood and mlc senior a are through.
Word is that Ravenswood did an excellent job in the debate

octos are 1 topic 1 adj. panels dont start until later. same goes for topic selection. I think quarters get topic selection?

ca1cu1us Can confirm, MLC 3rd Claris Foo ironmanned 1st as well. Not sure if against the rules but unlikely to be nullified given the situation

Am betting NSW but QLD hard to beat

Billy boy

Frank Row (1)
A little bird tells me that the men of Scots senior A
have asked their co-ordinator to refuse a deferrment of their debate this Friday with MLC,who have a speaker away at Nationals,so Claris Foo might have to do it all again

ThatWasTheJoke

Peter Burge (5)
Scots has a pretty toxic culture and that exists surprisingly, no more acutely than in their debating program.

Terrible, terrible form

#1 Rugby Fan

Bob McCowan (2)
It would be incredibly poor form for this to occur - not a real win if they win because MLC only has 2 speakers in the state. Hopefully this will resolve peacefully and respectfully.

ca1cu1us

Frank Nicholson (4)
A little bird tells me that the men of Scots senior A
have asked their co-ordinator to refuse a deferrment of their debate this Friday with MLC,who have a speaker away at Nationals,so Claris Foo might have to do it all again

Another year another rumour involving scots senior debaters and poor form. Also I'd still rate the mlc team a chance without their best speaker against scots. imo scots got lucky to finish 2nd this season in their pool.

oh dear another debating meme page, as if there weren't enough already. As if this site isnt enough of a meme itself.

Also Im told isda quarters is still one adj one topic. Might be wrong but thats what I was told when I asked. Should make for some fun adj complaints on saturday morning.

Just joined this thread! Am new to the debating scene here in Sydney but not new to the debating world haha. I love debating! Heard nsdc is going well this week, I had hugh hopes for the team going into it but I heard they lost to qld this morning. What a shame. All i can say is wow. My sources tell me it was weak link Daniel "danny" yim, known by his friends as a stratton wannabe lmao. Don't even get me started on that Ella, what looked like a promising career quickly turned sour. What a sweet girl. Bella Mondaro. What a captain. Leading her team to double losses against queensland, disappointed to say the least. The wollongong wild card, Elinor. Have heard she is a major nerd. And now, the medical threat to the team. Renewed Indigo has not come to afore but rather aback. What to say about shead, sophie. Bad, she is. Oh deary deary me.

All things considered I see Qld cracking open a cold one tomorrow. Smh. I love left wing media!

I hope this is a meme but if not please leave, the last thing this forum needs is some salty Queenslanders.

ThatWasTheJoke

Peter Burge (5)
Eastside Year 11 Final is High vs Grammar
Year 12 is Grammar vs either High or Syd Girls, they're fixtures a bit mess and in apparently what occured (unreliable sources) is that,
- High rescheduled against Syd Girls will so as to prevent a conflict with musical, Adj was hospitalised after the rescheduled debate and the next day gave her decision for High by 2 speaker points, Syd Girls then contested decision. Dunno what's happening now

Billy boy

Frank Row (1)
Year 12 is Grammar vs either High or Syd Girls, they're fixtures a bit mess and in apparently what occured (unreliable sources) is that,
- High rescheduled against Syd Girls will so as to prevent a conflict with musical, Adj was hospitalised after the rescheduled debate and the next day gave her decision for High by 2 speaker points, Syd Girls then contested decision. Dunno what's happening now
Just joined this thread! Am new to the debating scene here in Sydney but not new to the debating world haha. I love debating! Heard nsdc is going well this week, I had hugh hopes for the team going into it but I heard they lost to qld this morning. What a shame. All i can say is wow. My sources tell me it was weak link Daniel "danny" yim, known by his friends as a stratton wannabe lmao. Don't even get me started on that Ella, what looked like a promising career quickly turned sour. What a sweet girl. Bella Mondaro. What a captain. Leading her team to double losses against queensland, disappointed to say the least. The wollongong wild card, Elinor. Have heard she is a major nerd. And now, the medical threat to the team. Renewed Indigo has not come to afore but rather aback. What to say about shead, sophie. Bad, she is. Oh deary deary me.

All things considered I see Qld cracking open a cold one tomorrow. Smh. I love left wing media!

I hope this is a meme but if not please leave, the last thing this forum needs is some salty Queenslanders.
N

NSW 6-1!!!!

ThatWasTheJoke

Peter Burge (5)
As I predicted GPS is weak this year, from here I expect a PLC vs MLC final with the M's taking the title. Would be the first time A girl's school won ISDA in years.

#1 Rugby Fan

Bob McCowan (2)
If
As I predicted GPS is weak this year, from here I expect a PLC vs MLC final with the M's taking the title. Would be the first time A girl's school won ISDA in years.
is right, would this be the first all girls final in ISDA? Grammar, Riverview, Scots, Joeys have been such powerhouses for as far as I can remember - anyone older know?

BringHomeTheBacon

Bob McCowan (2)
SGHS defeated High in Hume Barbour to become Regional champions, and defeated Grammar to take out Yr 12 eastside on the topic "That South Korea should be provided with nuclear weapons". High defeated Grammar to win Yr11 eastside on the same topic.

Shortrep

Allen Oxlade (6)

Semi Final ISDA Results

PLC def Ravenswood
MLC def Knox

Giving us a PLC v MLC Final

ThatWasTheJoke's predictions were spot on so far

Status
Not open for further replies.