• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2019 Dewar Shield & other Vic comps

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Pre-season cup is this weekend down at Endeavour Hills.

Will be interesting to see what each club brings down and how many have done some recruiting etc over the off season.

TheNorth

Allen Oxlade (6)
I am intrigued by Melbourne University forward pack this year. There was the fellow who was playing wing for them but then trained as lock for the Rebels...I am intrigued to see if he is still around and what that means for the forward pack.

Harlequins have lost a few, i know Hunter Paisami is playing in Qld and I heard Lloyd Johannson had moved on (not confirmed).

I am also hearing that a few very handy players have turned up at Footscray New and former...however i would imagine like always depth would be an issue there

TheNorth

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone get out to the PreSeason cup?

I tried to watch the facebook stream and wasn't great. Box Hill however appeared to rack up the points

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
I got out for a little bit. Moorabbin pulled out due to a lack of players at 9pm the night before it which isn't a great sign.

TheNorth

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any other comments?

From what i could make out on the livestream Endeavour Hills and University looked weak.

Footscray didn't look great either but I heard they gave endeavour hills a hammering in a trial so maybe there is something more there?

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Any other comments?

From what i could make out on the livestream Endeavour Hills and University looked weak.

Footscray didn't look great either but I heard they gave endeavour hills a hammering in a trial so maybe there is something more there?

Melbourne looked rusty. Quins look well drilled as always. Footscray didn't have a 1st XV team out I would imagine, but also got punished when giving the ball back to Melbourne. Endeavour Hills look like their normal team, big forward pack that will look to dominate but it's tough to get ascendancy in a 25 minute game.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Round 1 results

Moorabbin 0 Melbourne 69
Box Hill 53 Power House 5
Endeavour Hills 5 Harlequin 49
Footscray 5 Melbourne Uni 50

Axemen

Allen Oxlade (6)
Looks like 2 distinct sections in the Dewar Shield - first cross over game this week of Unicorns v Uni of the 4 teams undefeated. What has happened to the Rams this season and what will Quins do to them this weekend?