• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2019 SYDNEY COLTS RUGBY

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
The big questions :

Who is playing?

What clubs are they playing for?

Any player movement between clubs?

Will Gordon go 1 step further and win a title?

Will everyone still hate Uni?

Banter away

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
Think Randwick are the new uni

Gordon manly Eastwood parramatta big recruitment drive

Wests have been recruiting heavily, mainly from two blues. the players have shown their loyalty to their ex coach who is now at wests and gone with them. i believe 6 of em. it would have been 9 but 2blues enticed 3 of them back with $ and promises of 1st grade (mens) spots

Easts have been recruiting very well, from country nsw and taken a few dominant u19 from other clubs. my sons best friend has moved from norths to easts

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wests have been recruiting heavily, mainly from two blues. the players have shown their loyalty to their ex coach who is now at wests and gone with them. i believe 6 of em. it would have been 9 but 2blues enticed 3 of them back with $ and promises of 1st grade (mens) spots

Easts have been recruiting very well, from country nsw and taken a few dominant u19 from other clubs. my sons best friend has moved from norths to easts
Manly recruiting from Tamworth with 4 country boys

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)

Too think that 9 were going to leave parra for wests with no inducements in nieve..or you have blinkers on. No foach would make promises of first grade spots, they are earned..and the dollars, well all clubs let certain players dlude on rego, and thats counted as payment. Wests im dure offered something to the players to leave, it happens

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
GG As president of the Two Blues I can guarantee that we have not offered cash nor first grade spots to any Colts players.

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
GG As president of the Two Blues I can guarantee that we have not offered cash nor first grade spots to any Colts players.

A colt that started 2018 playing in shute shield before back to colts. $1500 sign on plus match fees. to play 12 in first grade. to stop him signing with wests.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
A colt that started 2018 playing in shute shield before back to colts. $1500 sign on plus match fees. to play 12 in first grade. to stop him signing with wests.

Totally untrue. We do not pay anyone a sign on fee and do not guarantee first grade spots. They must be earned.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)

GG for a Southern Districts supporter,you seem to have to have an apparent in depth knowledge of all things Two Blues. Which does seem a bit strange.

Any positive comments for Two Blues or your Southern Districts ?...

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
GG for a Southern Districts supporter,you seem to have to have an apparent in depth knowledge of all things Two Blues. Which does seem a bit strange.

Any positive comments for Two Blues or your Southern Districts ?.

Two Blues are different this year - that is all I'm going to say ;)

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)

Any positive comments for Two Blues or your Southern Districts ?.

Gday Wazza2013

I know quite a bit about souths but grade (like curtis rona quickly moving from 2blues to souths), not colts. I know more about parra colts because said player directly told my son who plays for easts colts.

Anything positive on Two Blues colts - not that I've heard unfortunately. I can tell you Easts colts will be extremely good and strong though as they've signed some very good local and country talent.

Just my opinion though

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Gday Wazza2013

I know quite a bit about souths but grade (like curtis rona quickly moving from 2blues to souths), not colts. I know more about parra colts because said player directly told my son who plays for easts colts.

Anything positive on Two Blues colts - not that I've heard unfortunately. I can tell you Easts colts will be extremely good and strong though as they've signed some very good local and country talent.

Just my opinion though
Their culture is building from / through the Juniors - did you see how the 18s went in Vegas last week.
Doesnt happen overnight it is built.

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
Their culture is building from / through the Juniors - did you see how the 18s went in Vegas last week.
Doesnt happen overnight it is built.

Hi dave, yes i certainly get that concept of it. but ive been hearing the same things since the late 80s when i was in colts myself. thats a lot of overnights as you say.

ive said before, while its a great experience to go vegas for 7s and for those lads, 7s - in the big picture of how a club is going to do in 3 colts team 4 grade teams and a club championship over 18 rounds is very very different.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Hi dave, yes i certainly get that concept of it. but ive been hearing the same things since the late 80s when i was in colts myself. thats a lot of overnights as you say.

ive said before, while its a great experience to go vegas for 7s and for those lads, 7s - in the big picture of how a club is going to do in 3 colts team 4 grade teams and a club championship over 18 rounds is very very different.

Souths and other clubs operate on a different budget to the 2Blues.
Watch them this year.