• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Noah has been better in patches but still has not shown his game management or playmaking skills to be where we need our 10s to consistently be. Its a big ask throwing Foley in there but I would not be surprised to see him perform at a pretty good level, as QC (Quade Cooper) did when given the chance.
This is a big piece of the puzzle and DR needs to know what his options are.
Noah will go to the RWC but as this stage he is not a likely first choice 10 in that squad.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Noah has been better in patches but still has not shown his game management or playmaking skills to be where we need our 10s to consistently be. Its a big ask throwing Foley in there but I would not be surprised to see him perform at a pretty good level, as Quade Cooper did when given the chance.
This is a big piece of the puzzle and DR needs to know what his options are.
Noah will go to the RWC but as this stage he is not a likely first choice 10 in that squad.
Noah was ruled out following his concussion, wasn't he? You'd have to think he is still first choice (second after Quade) - in my eyes he certainly hasn't played poorly enough to warrant being dropped for Foley or Hodge.

As you said though, silver-lining is that we can see whether Foley's up to it moving into the RWC.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Who do people have starting ahead of Foley? Hodge or Donaldson?

This is as if NZ lost BB, Richie and which ever poor bench warming schmuck is their 3rd 10.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
1663024620085.png

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Noah was ruled out following his concussion, wasn't he? You'd have to think he is still first choice (second after Quade) - in my eyes he certainly hasn't played poorly enough to warrant being dropped for Foley or Hodge
I thought Noah and Hunter both passed phase 1 of their HIA assessment which meant they’d be available to play, BUT due to the Thursday game they wouldn’t be able to train properly with the team.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I thought Noah and Hunter both passed phase 1 of their HIA assessment which meant they’d be available to play, BUT due to the Thursday game they wouldn’t be able to train properly with the team.
Not gunna send out two playmakers without any contact training the lead up to a Bled surely.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Not gunna send out two playmakers without any contact training the lead up to a Bled surely.

At least they’ve played rugby games of rugby since May though, it’s one thing to bang into a hit shield this week, it’s another to have some match fitness under the belt.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

The report today said that Lolesio hadn't been cleared to play. Assuming that is accurate it would mean that he's had some symptoms at some point since the concussion as he's ramped up his training.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I’m tipping Foley to have a great game (still doubt we win). Rennie seems good at unlocking something in these ancient playmakers which pulls out their best qualities, for a short period.

Even the most staunch QC (Quade Cooper) supporters would admit that his form started slipping after his debut last year and in the limited time we saw him this year, there were some definite Quadism’s sneaking back into his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.