• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

8: Rookie of the Year

8: Rookie of the Year

• The Brown Hornet

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • RugbyFuture

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Konze

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Jnor

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Hawko

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Chief

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hartman

• HughJarse

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • SebV

• ThinThighs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reds Happy

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Gnostic

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Austin

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If by that he means you looked the same you must make a lot of small children cry

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Trollface_by_Desdinova84.jpg

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Vote for me. I wrote a blog post about 400 years ago and I occasionally make an astute observation (diamonds in the extensive rough). I can also pronounce pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (I'll prove this at the G&GR Christmas drinks if necessary)

Oh and my campaign slogan? "Giteau, Dingo, Paddy-O; Tell Your Stories Walking"

That is an awesome campaign slogan, should make you a shoe-in.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Not from me!
'Tis a race in 3 with a couple of smokies.
Keep up the banter, obscure respiratory ailments aside Le Konze.
All the polls have been hidden until they close. Mods can still see them though...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Vote for me. I wrote a blog post about 400 years ago and I occasionally make an astute observation (diamonds in the extensive rough). I can also pronounce pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (I'll prove this at the G&GR Christmas drinks if necessary)

Oh and my campaign slogan? "Giteau, Dingo, Paddy-O; Tell Your Stories Walking"

Are you related to Sir Ritchie McCaw?:lmao:

My research (wikipedia) is suggesting that while the longest word in any major English language dictionary is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a 45-letter word supposed to refer to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of volcanic ash, research has discovered that this word was originally intended as a hoax.:eek:

You may regain respectability if you can recite pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism, and floccinaucinihilipilification five times at the GAGR EOYD.:yay

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Speaking of ridiculous long names, how about "Taumata*whakatangihanga*koauau*o*tamatea*turi*pukakapiki*maunga*horo*nuku*pokai*whenua*kitanatahu". A place name in NZ. Though being kiwi, it doesn't have to be long to be ridiculous...

Found it on wikiepedia...checking the veracity of above. And it is true....so wikipedia must be right. Or more accurately Hugh Jarse must be right.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Stephen Jones (the Welsh 10, I mean) can pronounce "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"; he does it in this video.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Great find. Without even watching the video, I think anyone within a 1 metre radius of the speaker would need to wear a raincoat to protect their clothes from the spittle generated. :eek:

Seen the video now. No '-ken idea at all what he said but it was impressive!

reminds me of the 7's where the commentary team said that they did not understand what was said in the Samoan 1/2 time huddle. Commentator two pipes up when they show the Scottish huddle " No idea what they were saying as well"

Status
Not open for further replies.