• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Mr GPS Rower,

If you were a cultured australian man you should know this, the Fibros (referencing the Fibro Houses in the inner west) was the name given to the Wests Tigers when facing Manly (Nicknamed the Sliver Tails). This is a reference to the boys from the inner west. It was a strongly contested rivalry, but there were times when the Fibos came out on top. Hopefully this year they can strike again.

Wolf Out.
This all comes from Roy Masters when the Magpies were the working class club with the likes of Tommy Raudonikis way out west in Campbelltown and Manly was a nice north shore club and living life sweet by the sea. The irony is they were both bogans but one just happened to have water views and the other a fibro housing commission. You guys need to brush up on your social history and stop using Wikipedia.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This all comes from Roy Masters when the Magpies were the working class club with the likes of Tommy Raudonikis way out west in Campbelltown and Manly was a nice north shore club and living life sweet by the sea. The irony is they were both bogans but one just happened to have water views and the other a fibro housing commission. You guys need to brush up on your social history and stop using Wikipedia.
Wrong.
At the time wests played at Lidcombe Oval but their club was at Ashfield - where, as far i know, it still is

GPS Stroke

Bob McCowan (2)

Paper

Frank Nicholson (4)
Some changes for Nationals:

St Stithian's from South Africa, coached by former Barrington Cup winner, David Neuhaus (SJC) are coming.

Hearing early news that the P.E. Challenge Cup winners, Abingdon, are no longer making the trip out.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Well then you can see the savage irony if you take a look at his crew.
Ridiculous. Things are heating up on this forum. It seems as though the mildest things can get people going this close to head of the river. I like the competitiveness. But rowing isn't a numbers game, its a sport of heart, performance, the willingness to push through the pain barrier, to feel and love Mr Lactate, the finish and catch. Nobody rows for the adulation, we row to win. And in 10 days, we will see who does this best...

Wolf Out.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
Ridiculous. Things are heating up on this forum. It seems as though the mildest things can get people going this close to head of the river. I like the competitiveness. But rowing isn't a numbers game, its a sport of heart, performance, the willingness to push through the pain barrier, to feel and love Mr Lactate, the finish and catch. Nobody rows for the adulation, we row to win. And in 10 days, we will see who does this best.

Wolf Out.

nice new pic wolf. great to see your real self!

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think that Joeys has done enough in the last month to pour a bucket of doubt all over the Shore boys!
Top three predictions, 1stVIII Joeys/Shore, 1stIV Kings, 1st Yr10VIII Shore/Grammar

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
I think that Joeys has done enough in the last month to pour a bucket of doubt all over the Shore boys!
Top three predictions, 1stVIII Joeys/Shore, 1stIV Kings, 1st Yr10VIII Shore/Grammar

if you want to stay that for rugby, i guess i can take your point, but for every regatta thus since the start of the season, shore's 1st 8 for instance have been in front by margins that by now, should be getting smaller but are staying to almost a boat length ahead of everyone else. Unless someone in the shore crew, catches a crab, shit themselves or takes a light stroke, i doubt any other crew could take away their glory, unless either kings or newington can muster up and put some pressure on them.

HOTRwinner

Frank Nicholson (4)
if you want to stay that for rugby, i guess i can take your point, but for every regatta thus since the start of the season, shore's 1st 8 for instance have been in front by margins that by now, should be getting smaller but are staying to almost a boat length ahead of everyone else. Unless someone in the shore crew, catches a crab, shit themselves or takes a light stroke, i doubt any other crew could take away their glory, unless either kings or newington can muster up and put some pressure on them.

i completely agree. I dont think anyone can take the title away from Shore this year. They are consistently showing positive results coming out on top each time. I don't believe Newington have a great chance in placing this year. They are having a few issues in their shed especially within the 2ndVlll. I think we all have a pretty good grasp on who will be taking it to the podium this year. But you never know, ive seen some crews that have pulled it out of their ass right on the big day.

only 5 days!

Paper

Frank Nicholson (4)
Joeys are still a good chance. Did plenty of bonding together in the ice baths at the NSW Champs.

Didn't get a good lane at Sydney regatta, so I wouldn't read a lot into that result. Doyle has coached winning crews at HOTR before.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
Joeys are still a good chance. Did plenty of bonding together in the ice baths at the NSW Champs.

Didn't get a good lane at Sydney regatta, so I wouldn't read a lot into that result. Doyle has coached winning crews at HOTR before.
not this year mate!!

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
I will take off my navy blue and white tinted glasses and tip Joeys (barring any injuries) - their race a couple of weeks ago proved they are very close and I think Coach Doyle has a few aces to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.