• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
great to see we are coming out, now my turn.

went to shore, left 08, rowed 1st VIII 3 years, 2nd XV 06, 1st XV 07,08. Was a great help to the numerous wins at shore. Bench 120 in my last year, now benching 150 and squatting 180. Went to harvard on a scholarship but unfortunately broke my leg, meaning i had to come home. Ill take a beer at the spanish club any day, as long as we kick on to the lounge upstairs ;) ;)

HOTRwinner

Frank Nicholson (4)
53 year old mother (the boys call me a MILF). Both my boys went to Kings, both in the 1st 8, 3 years apart. Recently had a sly relationship with a well known director of rowing who will probably be doing his last year in that job. x

H - Bomb

Frank Row (1)
Being an old boy of Riverview, I believe I can give a non biased opinion of the victorious shore 1st VIII of 2013. I believed they had a solid race at head of the river but were slightly under performing. Under the steam of David Jennings, they will be pushed hard after this result and will come back strong. Scotch were victorius over Shore by a slight amount (half a length) by the time nationals come around I believe Scotch will be destroyed

Paper

Frank Nicholson (4)
Being an old boy of Riverview, I believe I can give a non biased opinion of the victorious shore 1st VIII of 2013. I believed they had a solid race at head of the river but were slightly under performing. Under the steam of David Jennings, they will be pushed hard after this result and will come back strong. Scotch were victorius over Shore by a slight amount (half a length) by the time nationals come around I believe Scotch will be destroyed

About 3 seconds margin in the SB VIII and 7 seconds in the U21 VIII. Neither of those were half a length verdicts unless they are rowing 30 metre or 70 metre long boats.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
About 3 seconds margin in the SB VIII and 7 seconds in the U21 VIII. Neither of those were half a length verdicts unless they are rowing 30 metre or 70 metre long boats.
paper, this fine detail is not needed. Its the understanding that Shore have been underperforming and will come back harder at nationals which is valuable

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
53 year old mother (the boys call me a MILF). Both my boys went to Kings, both in the 1st 8, 3 years apart. Recently had a sly relationship with a well known director of rowing who will probably be doing his last year in that job. x[/quote]

you want to be careful young fella, you don't know which King's parents might be on this blog!

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
About 3 seconds margin in the SB VIII and 7 seconds in the U21 VIII. Neither of those were half a length verdicts unless they are rowing 30 metre or 70 metre long boats.[/quote]

good analysis, Scotch and Geelong compete this weekend at the Victorian HotR, last weekend the did a 5.52 and 5.54 respectively, Shore may struggle for the podium at the Nationals!!

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
hahahahah im sick and tired of this newington propoganda BS. please, shore were an easy win, newington secured a 6 and 6

Paper

Frank Nicholson (4)
good analysis, Scotch and Geelong compete this weekend at the Victorian HotR, last weekend the did a 5.52 and 5.54 respectively, Shore may struggle for the podium at the Nationals!!

Times don't mean a lot and mean even less at Nagambie

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Both Kinross Wolaroi Orange and St Augustine's Brookvale did well at Penrith on Saturday. Good to see two non-traditional rowing schools "put their best oars forward" in open competition. I didn't see how TAS, Cranbrook and SCECGS Redlands fared, can someone fill me in here.

Opens Schoolboys looks like a fierce race, shame it's on Sunday arvo while I'm battling my way to the Blues match or I'd have a squiz.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
**ROW-LERT**

Gentlemen, it has been notified to the Newington Community yesterday that the Controversial Director of Rowing at Newington, Mr. Pennington has dropped down from the current role at the School, and he is "pursuing other endeavours within education" as said by himself. This will mean a total re-structure of the Newington Boatshed, a new Director of Rowing and an empty house on the top floor of the shed.

Obviously this shows the pressure or lack of it put on Mr.Pennington to win at Head of the River since he started at new in the 02/03 season after his famous win when he's first VIII crew he was coaching when at Kings had won that year by a huge margin and produced 3 or 4 olympic level rowers ( 2 of them rowed in the olympics).

But on a positive side note, while he was at Newington he did place 4 or 5 1st 8 crews, but never reached the pinnacle!

mushroom cup 150cc

Frank Row (1)
pre season rowing is well and truly under way at the kings boat shed and they are going to be as tuff as ever. to make the notorious 3rd VIII it has been said that the boys are going to have to be pulling and least sub 6:40 by the beginning of the season

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
pre season rowing is well and truly under way at the kings boat shed and they are going to be as tuff as ever. to make the notorious 3rd VIII it has been said that the boys are going to have to be pulling and least sub 6:40 by the beginning of the season
Umm....a good 1st VIII generally has 8 rowers sub 6.30 well into season (3-4 sub 15, 2-4 15-25, 1-2 25+) 2nd VIII's 6.20s-6.40s - with the boys in the IV's pulling 6.40-7.00s. But happy to be corrected - please keep us informed of 3rd VIII boys pulling sub-6.40s on the first erg of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.