• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GPSwarrior95

its that sort of attitude that explains why they were (and probably still are) bullied by the crew

Speak for yourself Inside Shoulder all the coszwains i know are alpha males with ruthless disicpline over the crew

R

Regina George

So it is agreed, 6 seat is the best - all-round specimens.

Definitely the 2013 HotR placings will reflect the quality of each boat's six seat, which, talking as a Grammar father, unfortunately does not give much hope to the SGS crew where last year's 2nd VIII six seat will find it hard to fill the monstrous shoes left by one of the most impressive 1st VIII six seats of all time (significant erg training and plastic surgery will be required).

That then begs the question, what is the equivalent position in a IV?
Personally I'd say 3.

But, GPSScullingChamp, what makes you think they would keep the seating the same? Who, if you had the choice, would you instead put in the 6 for the SGS VIII?

Speak for yourself Inside Shoulder all the coszwains i know are alpha males with ruthless disicpline over the crew

you must not know many coxswains then.

G

GPSScullingChampion

One from many moons ago.
I believe so.
I can definitely relate, haha, however probably not as many moons.
Just reading over the previous comments your son should definitely stick to rowing. As a supporter I would love to see the SGS boatshed continue its improving form and he sounds as if he would help!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I can definitely relate, haha, however probably not as many moons.
Just reading over the previous comments your son should definitely stick to rowing. As a supporter I would love to see the SGS boatshed continue its improving form and he sounds as if he would help!
I would like him to but its his decision.
I only rowed because i was the world's worst cricketer - he doesn't have that problem so he has choices!

S

#scrumcaptain

In my day, we had three significant alpha's in the 97 newington college crew, myself included if I must say.

R

Robertson

i hear that Newington have uncovered a tallent in the form of a youngster named Edward Pollit. It seems he is the new talk of the GPs rowing town, with his size, height and aesthetics he will probably be the New Boys first choice stroke.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
does anyone know who the Newington 1st VIII coach is?? i hear the past coach is been changed to manager of Rowing, any updates?

S

S.W. Oll

Now before this forum gets completely thrown off topic with grammar boys trying to bamboozle everyone with their extended vocabulary, I think it's time for an accurate prediction of what is to come.

Shore are the school to beat for the Major Rennie. With a massive amount of boys from the victorious 1st and 2nd eights returning, as well as their victorious 1st junior 8 coming into the senior squad it almost seems an impossible task to beat them, but often the crew that seems most likely does not come through with the result.
Scots were pushed to the forefront of GPS rowing last year, which from what I've heard was largely thanks to a new coaching squad (and maybe that $30K empacher they bought). I am unsure whether the boys from the East will keep this run going this season.
Kings always start the season strong, due to their heavy training load early on. However from what I can gather from the Kings boatshed, the 1st 8 selection policy is a modified version of musical chairs (exactly the same without the music.) This will see them die off towards the tough end of the season.
Newington had a disappointing season last year, with their prized crew not able to bring Rennie back to Stanmore. Although many are writing them off for this season, over the past two seasons their first junior eights have finished second, so I have no doubt that they will be right in the mix.
Riverview have not been able to commence any preseason training, as they are awaiting a mass order of blue led paint from China so they can paint all of their boats, just in case no one is able to recognise them. It is difficult to make any sort of prediction at this point.
Joeys, who only seem to do rowing to stay fit in the off-season for footy (this is Green and Gold I thought I would mention rugby) will no doubt finish somewhere in the middle of the field.... again.
Grammar look like they are trying to compensate for their lack of talent through banter on this site. I think their hot streak may be over for another 20 years, but I'm sure they will carry some of the positive momentum generated in recent years with them. Maybe they need more signs on their backs.
High to their credit have been looking much better technically in recent years, however I think they are still a long way away from being remotely competitive.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
i hear that Newington have uncovered a tallent in the form of a youngster named Edward Pollit. It seems he is the new talk of the GPs rowing town, with his size, height and aesthetics he will probably be the New Boys first choice stroke.
Surely Newington need to win it in 2013 - their sesquicentenary?
See here

G

GPSScullingChampion

Now before this forum gets completely thrown off topic with grammar boys trying to bamboozle everyone with their extended vocabulary, I think it's time for an accurate prediction of what is to come.

Thank you very much for your "accurate prediction" - finally a breath of fresh air!! I think you summed it up quite well in that all schools have the potential to pull out something big this season.
However, your prediction was more or less exactly the same as those of the supposed "grammar boys" sans the "extended vocabulary" and therefore arguably worse.

R

Robertson

does anyone know who the Newington 1st VIII coach is?? i hear the past coach is been changed to manager of Rowing, any updates?
i do have information, but ill need a reward for you to get it out of me ;)

S

S.W. Oll

Thank you very much for your "accurate prediction" - finally a breath of fresh air!! I think you summed it up quite well in that all schools have the potential to pull out something big this season.
However, your prediction was more or less exactly the same as those of the supposed "grammar boys" sans the "extended vocabulary" and therefore arguably worse.
I thought I would just give a fair prediction, rather than one plagued with bias

R

Robertson

I hear Ed pollit is leading the New Boys towards a 150th Anniversary win next year

Status
Not open for further replies.