• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robertson

ill just return that with my size 14 sir! i am not obliged to confirm any coaching changes. but i must say the dragon college, as you say, is in with a mighty chance.

G

GPSScullingChampion

Is the Newington programme still weights, weights, scull, weights, scull, weights, weights? Or is cardio and eight training making an appearance this season?

S

#scrumcaptain

Newington's eight will have to shed the kgs if they are a chance. The problem last year was they just used the rowing season as getting big for the rugby season.

S

S.W. Oll

Newington's eight will have to shed the kgs if they are a chance. The problem last year was they just used the rowing season as getting big for the rugby season.
only one boy from that 8 returning, i'm sure it will be a completely different looking eight this season

R

Regina George

does anyone know who the Newington 1st VIII coach is?? i hear the past coach is been changed to manager of Rowing, any updates?

the latest news was that the post had been open, and well advertised, for a period of up to eight months from the end of the last season. I doubt that Pennington has become manager of the shed, but if it is true then I believe he will find the likes of Pollit hard to properly harness.

GPS Contender

Stan Wickham (3)
I believe that the lads in the New shed are under some pressure with having to get to know new coaches and styles. Is it true that they lost the winning 2nd viii 2011 cox out of the shed. If so it's ridiculous!! They need experience and leadership and from what we all see over here Penington doesn't have the control.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
I believe that the lads in the New shed are under some pressure with having to get to know new coaches and styles. Is it true that they lost the winning 2nd viii 2011 cox out of the shed. If so it's ridiculous!! They need experience and leadership and from what we all see over here Penington doesn't have the control.

I have heard this is true. it is amazing to see such a fine coxswain slip away from the shed so easily. Simon Pennington must have an issue with him

GPS Contender

Stan Wickham (3)
GPS Rower, that may be the case, but you don't want to lose experience like that in a Rowing Shed, especially if you need to win in an anniversary year. the message it sends through a shed and to competitors is huge!! It seems Penington has been demoted so may be he is the one with the problem. Hand it to Shore, these things don't happen to their program!!! My money is on Shore and Scots to fight it out! but probably the boys from North Sydney again.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
GPS Contender. That second 8 coxswain was overweight last year and was over 6 foot. I doubt he would have been able to cox again, however he would have been a great asset as a mentor for the boys and as a helpful coach. Your completely right, it sends a horrible message to the shed, especially seeing as he is the only boy at new at the moment who has won a head of the river. Not even Pennington has at New. And you're right, thats why shore wins

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
May I remind all who post on this thread that this is not Sportal. Juvenile name-calling aimed at either other posters or boys themselves will not be tolerated.

Robertson has just been banned permanently for this. We have a zero tolerance policy on Schoolboy threads.

I suggest you all take note.

G

GPSScullingChampion

May I remind all who post on this thread that this is not Sportal. Juvenile name-calling aimed at either other posters or boys themselves will not be tolerated.

Robertson has just been banned permanently for this. We have a zero tolerance policy on Schoolboy threads.

I suggest you all take note.

Ack. However, if this is in reference to my comment on a certain Newington boy I hope you did not misinterpret it's meaning - it was only complimentary!

R

Regina George

Ack. However, if this is in reference to my comment on a certain Newington boy I hope you did not misinterpret it's meaning - it was only complimentary!

me too! my comments earlier were meant to outline the dangers of rumours regarding sporting scholarships and "imports" - not too demean anyone

GPS Contender

Stan Wickham (3)
From what I hear, Penington was desperate for a win but had personality issues with the crew. The tail was wagging the dog so to speak. No idea what Robertson was on about, but Penington has gone from 1st V111 coach and Director of Rowing to only Director and is being replaced by a focused coach. That spells demotion in any sport. Rumour is his days are numbered anyway. As I said before you have to feel sorry for the 2013 lads with this pressure on them. Don't know who Pollitt is but from the records he was 2nd Viii last season.

R

Regina George

... replaced by a focused coach. That spells demotion in any sport. Rumour is his days are numbered anyway.
As I said before you have to feel sorry for the 2013 lads with this pressure on them. Don't know who Pollitt is but from the records he was 2nd Viii last season.

I understand now- I believed Pennington was only a "focused coach" in the first place.

You do, but the pressure could drive them, and if this new (no pun intended) coach can harness them then maybe we won't see a field divided by a fairy's foreskin in the business end of the season

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
From what I hear, Penington was desperate for a win but had personality issues with the crew. The tail was wagging the dog so to speak. No idea what Robertson was on about, but Penington has gone from 1st V111 coach and Director of Rowing to only Director and is being replaced by a focused coach. That spells demotion in any sport. Rumour is his days are numbered anyway. As I said before you have to feel sorry for the 2013 lads with this pressure on them. Don't know who Pollitt is but from the records he was 2nd Viii last season.

Yes that what I heard however I think there were more issues than that. Robertson is clueless. That coxwain of the second 8 was year 10 and led the crew to victory. It's a disgrace he has left. Pollitt is creditable. Heard he has been putting in the training and secure some good low 6 minute ergs.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)

Yes that what I heard however I think there were more issues than that. Robertson is clueless. That coxwain of the second 8 was in year 10 and led the crew to victory. It's a disgrace he has left. Pollitt is creditable. Heard he has been putting in the training and secure some good low 6 minute ergs.

Status
Not open for further replies.