• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

northman91

Frank Nicholson (4)
The Shore 1st VIII of 2004 went through the whole season undefeated including winning the Gold Cup over Sydney Uni. They were also national and state champs and also took out the NZ U19 and U21 champs. No other GPS school has won the Gold Cup since and the last before that was Riverview in 1997? Before that was several decades when another GPS school had won it.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
IS I'm all over it, the heavyweight Kings crew of 2001, I understand, went through the season underfeated and did an amazing 5.47 in the HOR and also went on to compete at Henly and win their division, the other contenders would have to be the lightweight Grammar senior VIII's of '78, as they had no form in the prior years leading up to their 1st & 2nd VIII WINS. Checking my programme the 1st VIII averaged 77.5kgs, and these races were 2400 mtrs!!!
In 1977 grammar came stone motherless last, so talk about no form!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Ha. Again dude it's just basic comprehension. I said "stanmore" not Abbotsford. We'll just leave them at the main office. Also you know that we know you're in the senior squad man do no need to "I've heard from coaches and younger lads blah" - just be your authentic self. Peace

hence why would be in the senior squad??, i finished in 06 at new, was in the 5ths rugby and 2nd 4 rowing. Now through old boys coaching and younger family friends i can pick up and hear from a few things hear and abouts. I'm trying to cover my alias as best as i can alright.

G

gogoldenbears

The Shore 1st VIII of 2004 went through the whole season undefeated including winning the Gold Cup over Sydney Uni. They were also national and state champs and also took out the NZ U19 and U21 champs. No other GPS school has won the Gold Cup since and the last before that was Riverview in 1997? Before that was several decades when another GPS school had won it.

Good contribution, I totally agree that looked like a damn fine crew when you go back and look at results. You will find however that if you look up nswrowing calendar you will see that Kings definitely won the Gold Cup over Sydney Rowing club etc in 2001. I myself was also wrong about Kings, turns out they won 48 races from 48 starts that year (not 42). The only crew to knock them off was NSW Kings Cup at Gold Cup who were an invitational boat and did not actually qualify as an official boat. 2 in Olympics at Beijing. 3 were at the Olympics in London.

Regarding the Shore crew in 2004 Sydney University beat them in the U21 VIII at NSW state champs, not only that St Joseph's also beat them in that race too. I'm pretty sure they lost a few other races but I can't be bothered looking them up again. None at Beijing or London.

G

gogoldenbears

Fair
hence why would be in the senior squad??, i finished in 06 at new, was in the 5ths rugby and 2nd 4 rowing. Now through old boys coaching and younger family friends i can pick up and hear from a few things hear and abouts. I'm trying to cover my alias as best as i can alright.

Fair enough, I can understand. Annonymity makes this cool.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Good contribution, I totally agree that looked like a damn fine crew when you go back and look at results. You will find however that if you look up nswrowing calendar you will see that Kings definitely won the Gold Cup over Sydney Rowing club etc in 2001. I myself was also wrong about Kings, turns out they won 48 races from 48 starts that year (not 42). The only crew to knock them off was NSW Kings Cup at Gold Cup who were an invitational boat and did not actually qualify as an official boat. 2 in Olympics at Beijing. 3 were at the Olympics in London.

Regarding the Shore crew in 2004 Sydney University beat them in the U21 VIII at NSW state champs, not only that St Joseph's also beat them in that race too. I'm pretty sure they lost a few other races but I can't be bothered looking them up again. None at Beijing or London.
Methinks not - Toby Lister

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

I seem to recall one year that in winning the HOR shore rowed a time that qualified them for the olympics that year and that at the time they were the only boat in Australia to have done so.
True?

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
Boys, good news to tell, I've heard from coaches and younger lads that the newington senior squad were training in Canberra on the humble lake burley. Coaches were pleased to see the 1st 8 and 2nd 8 running along nicely against and with the current aus. Women's 8 that were having a training camp as well. Good to see some serious boat speed developing and the fours improving along side them with new changes from injury and overseas exchanges seeing new but powerful lads adding extra depth to the already full squad

It is great to see and note that newington this year, has the greatest number of boys in their squad then ever before. With full 3rd 8 plus 2 reserves blokes entering this years head of the river.

Still not sure but the low numbered year 10 eights who were training on the parramatta river over the past week.

shut up GPSrow, you speak lies. you obviously are a rower at newington in the senior squad and are trying to boost up the confidence of the incompitent rowers. PLEASE, dont hide behind a stupid alias!!!!

G

gogoldenbears

I seem to recall one year that in winning the HOR shore rowed a time that qualified them for the olympics that year and that at the time they were the only boat in Australia to have done so.
True?

Ha. With the exception of Toby Lister's career. You have no idea about anything.

G

gogoldenbears

Perhaps - but i can read and I know who posts what.
It was probably before you were born.

Thats great champion. Just lay off the ridiculous shore propaganda and we'll be fine. I think everyone in the forum can agree Kings 2001 would have belted shore 2004 and yes I'll admit Grammar 2011.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Thats great champion. Just lay off the ridiculous shore propaganda and we'll be fine. I think everyone in the forum can agree Kings 2001 would have belted shore 2004 and yes I'll admit Grammar 2011.
GB, I think IS was referring to the fact it was I not he who mentioned Lister when you made the claim that no 2004 Shore boys were at London (Nick Purnell 2008 was also there). IS if anything is a Grammar apologist. Anyway, who really cares what school people went too - the rowing fraternity is very collegial. Look forward to your future posts! Cheers

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not sure how it is that you think you have the capacity to determine whether we'll be fine.
Notice i said "one year": that conveys the concept that I am not talking about 2004, necessarily, and that I cannot remember when it was. If you couldn't understand what I was saying all you had to do was say so.
I wasn't talking about Shore 2004: read, think, think some more, write - in that order and you should do OK here.

G

gogoldenbears

I noticed you said "one year" and as I said you have no idea about anything. You're not sure what year because its propaganda. Doesn't matter which year you're talking about. For starters my old man told me this morning you don't qualify to go to Olympics on time, you qualify by placing - ask that Purnell guy. Awesome dude no doubt. Also the idea that some shore crew was the fastest VIII in the country over AUS crews-that's retarded. The comment that the 2001 kings crew would have belted the shore 2004 was referring to the original question posed by Sir Barton. Finally, I guess I'll be fine, you can go lose your shit or just make up more propaganda.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
my old man told me
That settles it then.
I am pretty sure that the AOC (notice the "A", not "I") sets a time - didn't the girls VIII try to set a time last year????
Have some self control: "retarded"!!!
Can you not conceive of the possibility that no "AUS" VIII had been put together by the time of the HOTR in the particular year?
When did the HOTR move to Penrith Lakes?
Edit: now since my old man is dead I cant ask him so I checked wikipedia. I think 1996 was the first HOTR @ the regatta centre and shore won. They won again in 1999.
It was one of those 2.
Ask your mum she might remember.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It's fine to argue guys. Just do it respectfully please. Thank you.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

G

gogoldenbears

Well dude you don't have to be Einstein to conclude that top senior club VIIIs at state championships (before HOTR) would have belted the school crews had they been in the same race. You still haven't contended that 2004 shore crew were definitely not undefeated and that you were mistatating the facts. You're still claiming stuff that you can't validate. I could be wrong but you're probably one of those shore kids from that sad shore 1st VIII that got beaten by the shore 2nd VIII at HOTR. Maybe just move on with the school stuff man...

I did notice the "A" not "I" in AOC - choose your words more carefully before you flip everyone off about whatever it is you're trying to achieve. the women's VIII wanted the opportunity to qualify, they had not actually qualified even after they were selected to represent Australia. The shore VIII from the year 'In your dreams' never qualified for anything. Perhaps that might be why they didn't go to the Olympics.
http://www.worldrowing.com/news/olympic-qualification-wraps-up-for-rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.