• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Shore to good, no one can be surprised with that effort. Joeys had a solid row and so did Kings and Riverview to all be within 5 seconds of the winning crew. Good to see half the field under 6 minutes. Great row by Joeys in the second VIII. Kings after dominating the first IV all season lost to a Shore which had unbelievable and some may say suspicious improvements. The quality in the Year 10 First VIII was good. Shore's first Jnr VIII had a time that would of given them 3rd in the GPS Second VIII and for the grammar jnr VIII to be a second off them means it will be interesting in two years time. HOTR 2014, I'm predicting another Shore v Joeys battle
How so?

Kentucky

Bob McCowan (2)

Shore First IV
Kings/PLC - 7:03.26 (5.5 secs behind Scots (Winner))
State Champs - 6:59.76 (4.28 secs behind Kings)
Sydney R.C- 7:03.56 (4.93 secs behind Kings)
HOTR - 6:49.26 (6.07 secs ahead of Kings)

A definite surprise today with that strong and convincing victory. Although time isn't the best indicator I have showed where they sat with kings. We hadn't seen such quality so far but we saw it today with a ten second turn around on Kings. I understand your concern when tags are put on crews and although anything can happen come head of the river day, some stuff still raise eyebrows. However in saying that Shore did a great job today in the first IV without a doubt and finally lived up to the potential we saw today

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Shore First IV

A definite surprise today with that strong and convincing victory. Although time isn't the best indicator I have showed where they sat with kings. We hadn't seen such quality so far but we saw it today with a ten second turn around on Kings. I understand your concern when tags are put on crews and although anything can happen come head of the river day, some stuff still raise eyebrows. However in saying that Shore did a great job today in the first IV without a doubt and finally lived up to the potential we saw today

I think you need to choose your words more carefully.
Twice you have insinuated that something is not right with the result.
if that is not your intention you should say so, now.
If it is your intention you better back it up.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Shore First IV

Change in crew - Samuels from 2ndIV 2 seat to 1st IV stroke. Supercoach Uebergang does it again.

Kentucky

Bob McCowan (2)
I think you need to choose your words more carefully.
Twice you have insinuated that something is not right with the result.
if that is not your intention you should say so, now.
If it is your intention you better back it up.

My intention was not to say something was wrong with the result. Apologies for the negative connotation of suspicious and therefore poor usage of the word. I said suspicious as to mean that I thought something was different about the crew. My apologies

northman91

Frank Nicholson (4)
Congratulations to all schools that won the respective races yesterday. In particular to Shore for winning the 1st VIII. Great to see Joeys have their best overall performance in years. Looks like Bob Shirlaw has already made a significant impact throughout their shed. I thought Newington would have done a lot better considering the "hype" around their 150th anniversary and also scots seemed to be talked up a bit as well. Joeys and Shore to challenge for the Rennie in 2014

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Congratulations to all schools that won the respective races yesterday. In particular to Shore for winning the 1st VIII. Great to see Joeys have their best overall performance in years. Looks like Bob Shirlaw has already made a significant impact throughout their shed. I thought Newington would have done a lot better considering the "hype" around their 150th anniversary and also scots seemed to be talked up a bit as well. Joeys and Shore to challenge for the Rennie in 2014
Fantastic results in the VIIIs last Saturday. Shore were clearly the favourites in the HOTR. Always getting out in front during the season they had the cattle amd experience from last year's VIIIs and a few outstanding Year 10 rowers. Joeys have turned a corner.... Doyle, Thomas and Shirlaw have had impact. They did run second at least four times and were the most consistent contenders. The first 1500m from Joeys in the second ViII was the fastest throughout the day in the eights. I was at the 1250m mark and they had blitzed the field even by then. Joeys 1st ViII were still strong in the middle thousand and put pressure on Shore. Four crews under 6 minutes, it was a pretty competitive field. Riverview need to have another look at their programme with their best result being a fourth (I think) in any event. Kings pulled their finger out and gave it a good run finishing strongly. I think were all Year 12 boys who wanted to go out on a high. Regardless of GPSrow and GPS Rower talking up Newingon, Grammar, the indications were never really evident during the season. Scots were never really present and played a low key role throughout that ultimately put them out wide and left them hanging in the breeze. I think a bit more racing would have helped them. Loved the new skins from Kings and High. Gotta give it to Sydney High, they are truly the sluggers and if I hear correctly, they may start taking a quota of kids from the local area back into the school. Not before time. Hopefully some good rowers and rugby players. Great result in the first IV, great performance there. I think there are 3 Shore boys, 3 Joeys boys, 2 Newington, 2 Riverview, 1 Grammar and 1 Scots boy in the GPS VIII squad. I think that was an indication of who could move boats faster and seemed to be reflected in the final results except with Kings. Bring on the Nationals!

Robson

Bob McCowan (2)
I think there are 3 Shore boys, 3 Joeys boys, 2 Newington, 2 Riverview, 1 Grammar and 1 Scots boy in the GPS VIII squad. I think that was an indication of who could move boats faster and seemed to be reflected in the final results except with Kings.

I'm pretty certain that there is one Kings boy in the squad, I don't know exact numbers for any school however.

It's a real shame that Grammar dropped the ball this year after such a successful run at HOTR in recent years, good to see such a strong 1st Year 10 VIII from them however. With 4 year 11 rowers in this years crew and such a good year 10 crew I hope that next year Grammar can return to its strong form in the 1st VIII division.

HOTRwinner

Frank Nicholson (4)
wonderful results gentlemen! joeys finally broke their "40 years of drought, let it rain"! it's good to see others taking some wins other than shore!

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
wonderful results gentlemen! joeys finally broke their "40 years of drought, let it rain"! it's good to see others taking some wins other than shore!
Sorry to correct you. But there was only a passing shower for Joeys. The 40 year drought is still unbroken for the HOTR 1st VIII. Almost the double for Joeys with the 2nd VIII winning and 1st VIII placing 2nd. Close but no cigar.

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Sorry to correct you. But there was only a passing shower for Joeys. The 40 year drought is still unbroken for the HOTR 1st VIII. Almost the double for Joeys with the 2nd VIII winning and 1st VIII placing 2nd. Close but no cigar.
Deluge and floods forecast in 2014 though.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
ok gentlemen, now the season is over, lets let the cat out of the bag and uncover our alias'. Im sure there are many bloggers on this page who are not who they say they are. For 1, im not a black wrestling champion.

HOTRwinner

Frank Nicholson (4)
ok gentlemen, now the season is over, lets let the cat out of the bag and uncover our alias'. Im sure there are many bloggers on this page who are not who they say they are. For 1, im not a black wrestling champion.

I am definately not a ginge with no teeth! i dont believe that many will reveal their identity.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Why not, i have a feeling most are rowers between schools, and/or those who just left. Then we can delete the forum, and noone will ever know.

Wolf Out.

yes, this would be evident.
i was in the situation of being accoused of being a 'youngin' within the forum. A little smartarse schoolboy with nothing else to do then to piss off old boys or annoy the men in this forum surely have disappeared and are on the other threads giving us a hard time.

I will reveal my identity.....

25, went to Newington and did rowing and rugby (obviously why im so biased on my school and these sports). I try to get as much insider information from my younger nephew who is currently in year 11 and was in the 4's at new and the lower grades of rugby.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
As will i, 22, also went to Newington, played 1st XV/2nd XV, rowed in the 1st VIII, very biased towards newington, little brother in year 12 in the New second VIII, thus the information i get. Everybody come Spanish bar for a drink ;)

Wolf Out.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
As will i, 22, also went to Newington, played 1st XV/2nd XV, rowed in the 1st VIII, very biased towards newington, little brother in year 12 in the New second VIII, thus the information i get. Everybody come Spanish bar for a drink ;)

Wolf Out.

unrelated, but you guys did alright in the rowing that year didnt you?

Paper

Frank Nicholson (4)
We all want to know:

images

Status
Not open for further replies.