• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff Smith

watch out for Villa #12 Christian Welch, (I think in NTS) rangy centre I think a better 10, Villa also have a leaguie at 13 good feet, Torpie I think

J

Jeff Smith

I see you've got Ashgrove by 20+.
What about the other margins?[/QUOTE]
I think
VILLA V SLC - VILLA BY +5
EDDIES V PADUA - EDDIES BY + 7
SPC V SPLC - SPC BY + 20
ASH V IONA - ASH BY + 20

D

drugby

the two lauries centres are sione feo and the 100kg kid is tom dempsey

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
SLC d Villa 15-5, Lauries were up 15-0 at halftime although in the first half Villa missed 2 very kickable penalities and lost their #12 to the bin for a questionable late hit and Lauries cashed in during his absence.

J

Jeff Smith

Padua 17-12 over Eddies, Ash over by Iona by 18 or 19 to 12

Ash 19 Iona 13, heard that Iona should have won, what's going on there ?

R

Roll Away Black 7

St. Pat's in the end too strong on the day at SPLC. Petr's made the Pats centrs look good in the second half with some bad reads. Pleasantly surprising was the way the lightweight Peter's scrum matched the SPC big boppers. The starting Loosehead from Peter's scrummed the Pat's tighthead off the park in the first half . Pat's tried 2 blokes on him and failed. St. Peter’s had the best day of rugby at the school for many years yesterday. They had wins in the 15’s 16’s 3rds & 2nds. What the ? Whoever is driving the culture there needs a pat on the back.

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
Eddies started like a house on fire scoring an early try but it looked like the loss of their star centre after 10mins or so seem to really affect them badly and they lost cohesion. Padua were not really skilful in what they did but they were really gutsy and really threw themselves into every contest - the very small no 7 and the no 8 were everywhere as was their captain from the second row. Padua scored a try out wide after 25 mins from sustained pressure - Eddies scored from a scrum just on halftime to make it 12-5 at half time. Eddies looked likely early in the second half but just couldn't finish off - some great last ditch defence and some sloppy finishing. Padua finally got some pill and scored out wide again to narrow the gap. Turning point was a dumb penalty when Eddies outside centre failed to retreat out of the 10 and Padua scored near the posts after a forward rush. Eddies spent the last 5 mins camped in Padua 22 but just kept doing one off rushes in the forwards and showed no pattern or patience and ran out of time camped on the Padua tryline. Guttsy win to Padua based on contesting and tackling everything giving everything in the courage department but will need to show more in attack if they want to go any further in this competition. For Eddies - the one that got away.

A

aicrugby2011

from all accounts villanova has had a very dominant forward pack this year. interesting to see how they go against some of the bigger forward packs, will be interesting to see how they hold up against eddies this weekend. they have 3 very capable front rowers, one played qld under 16's last year (not sure of name) another one who has been holding his own at loosehead, very small but very technical, and their other player has apparently been injured past couple of years and this is his 1st year in the team can play hooker and prop, interesting to see how they all go. in contention for aic?

J

jaydee

Villa forwards well drilled - won a couple of tight heads and were definitely the dominant scrum.( Lauries are usually quite good in the set piece) decent lineout too. Also don't overcommit to breakdown in defence. Rely on 12 for most of the attack in the backline. Lauries were down to 13 men for 9 minutes, and possession must have been 80% to villa in the second half (Penalty ratio must have been 3 or 4 to 1). Gutsy defence on their own line and a lack of finishing by the attackers got lauries home, but both teams will need to improve on this game to challenge for the title.

A

aicrugby2011

yeah so i have heard, their tighthead wasnt the usual one, as one of their props was out injured. however, he needs to work on fitness, overall good game though i thought from the villa tighthead, however, the lauries loosehead was nothing special.

A

aicrugby2011

Giles Beveridge SPC 13
Scott Mains VILLA 4
Christian Welch VILLA 12
Simon Gregg SLC 9
Scott Maloua ASH 9
Jarrod Watson SPC 12

Qld schoolboy contenders AIC 2011

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
watch out for Villa #12 Christian Welch, (I think in NTS) rangy centre I think a better 10, Villa also have a leaguie at 13 good feet, Torpie I think

CHristian is a quality player, still think he is more of a 12 though, just not enough of a play maker just yet. Great kick on him

Status
Not open for further replies.