• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The level of doubt all you have in some of the teams is offensive. You will be surprised next year. Look at how many upsets there was this season.Just because some teams have some of the 'bigger' names doesn't necessarily mean they will outshine the other teams. After all, one or two players doesn't make a team.

You're absolutely right but these are just predictions. There will always be season favourites but that gives no reason to write a team off. I don't think people are instilling doubt in any team, but rather stating that some teams have a better chance of winning than others.

Eric Grothe Sr

Frank Nicholson (4)
It is great to hear that SLC is still rewarding their boys in year 12 after the season. Year 12 ends for so many after QCS you see.

However, it is hoped that many at all AIC schools are becoming better at rugby by continuing other sports available at school until the end of the year.

Expert-opinion

Frank Row (1)
Strong competition in these ages (2013 15s and 16s). Top contenders I believe will be Iona and St Edmunds with plenty of young players in 1st XV this year. Should be good. :)

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Strong competition in these ages (2013 15s and 16s). Top contenders I believe will be Iona and St Edmunds with plenty of young players in 1st XV this year. Should be good. :)

Do remember that having a large number of young players could not only be a result of a strong U16 but a poor Opens. A clear example of this was Padua this year.

AICgossip2014

Frank Nicholson (4)
inside goss is IONA'S premiership winning coach of 2013 has been recruited along with a QLD REDS ex development coach to VILLANOVA.. by the sounds of it a whole new rugby program at VILLA along with some new players who did not play school rugby at all in 2013

AICgossip2014

Frank Nicholson (4)
apparently dangerous 12/13 Hola (IONA) is out for next year with a leg injury? can anyone help me out on this one

The King

Stan Wickham (3)
Cayleb Williamson moving to SLC because of the crossfit training at eddies is making him lose gains. SLC rugby program looking a lot better with this new captain/coach asset.

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
SLC announced that they will be having new coaches next year after a not so successful reign of 4 wins in 3 years for Damian Reidy. He is replaced by Shane Lynch and Brendan Flanagan

Status
Not open for further replies.