• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia II @ 5.10am 14/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
You seem to have a problem with Gordon stillmissit, and while I really like McDermott's attacking flair (and as a result would probably pick him as my bench 9) as a 10 I would far rather be standing outside Gordon, where you know your going to get a good pass.
Froggy, the best half-backs deceive the oppostion and Gordon doesn't. McDermott does and although I agree that Gordon's pass is better, give me McDermott in a tight game every time.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Froggy, the best half-backs deceive the oppostion and Gordon doesn't. McDermott does and although I agree that Gordon's pass is better, give me McDermott in a tight game every time.
If the game is close I’d take Gordon.

He has scored more tries than Tate has for the last few years, including some momentum changing intercept tries to carry the tahs through.

But the most important question, who can play the style Rennie wants if Nic white is injured in the first minute? That’s probably why Gordon gets picked.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
1. James Slipper (c) (118 Tests)

2. Folau Fainga’a (29 Tests)

3. Taniela Tupou (41 Tests)

4. Rory Arnold (29 Tests)

5. Darcy Swain (12 Tests)

6. Jed Holloway (1 Test)

7. Fraser McReight (3 Tests)

8. Rob Valetini (22 Tests)

9. Nic White (51 Tests)

10. James O'Connor (63 Tests)

11. Marika Koroibete (46 Tests)

12. Lalakai Foketi (1 Test)

13. Len Ikitau (16 Tests)

14. Jordan Petaia (19 Tests)

15. Tom Wright (13 Tests)

Replacements

16. Lachlan Lonergan (5 Tests)

17. Matt Gibbon (1 Test)

18. Pone Fa'amausili*

19. Nick Frost (3 Tests)

20. Pete Samu (23 Tests)

21. Tate McDermott (16 Tests)

22. Irae Simone (2 Tests)

23. Reece Hodge (56 Tests)

*denotes uncapped

a bit harsh on both Leota and Philip, otherwise to be expected that JOC (James O'Connor) would get the nod over Lolesio once Paisami was ruled out. Vunivalu once again overlooked ! Good luck to Pone.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)

6. Jed Holloway (1 Test)

9. Nic White (51 Tests)

Replacements

17. Matt Gibbon (1 Test)

18. Pone Fa'amausili*

19. Nick Frost (3 Tests)

20. Pete Samu (23 Tests)

*denotes uncapped

a bit harsh on both Leota and Philip, otherwise to be expected that JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) would get the nod over Lolesio once Paisami was ruled out. Vunivalu once again overlooked ! Good luck to Pone.
Can't argue much with that team - I would have retained Leota over Simone and a 6-2 split, but outside of that think there's plenty to be excited about. Big test for the replacement front row.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Really only covers one position. It is a bit odd.

Bit harsh on Philip to be dropped entirely IMO.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

6. Jed Holloway (1 Test)

9. Nic White (51 Tests)

Replacements

17. Matt Gibbon (1 Test)

18. Pone Fa'amausili*

19. Nick Frost (3 Tests)

20. Pete Samu (23 Tests)

*denotes uncapped

a bit harsh on both Leota and Philip, otherwise to be expected that JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) would get the nod over Lolesio once Paisami was ruled out. Vunivalu once again overlooked ! Good luck to Pone.

Bloody harsh imo, neither have set a foot wrong anyway still get behind the boys

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
I think his attitude and commitment are top shelf but he lacks pace and vision. I’m not sure those can be learned.
This is my concern. I am yet to see him be able to see a hole and go through it at Test level. He will continue to physically develop some what but that explosivity is lacking at the moment.

As much as I think Marcus Smith is overhyped he does have a pretty good ability to turn on the gas when required. I worry Loloseio lacks this aspect and doesn't have the physicality to play 12 like To'omua did who feels the most similar in 10 style.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
I don't get the Backs on the bench there. Are one of the centres carrying a niggle into this match?

Matt Phillip would feel disappointed and I'm sure he'll get more games. I wonder if Rennie is looking for more speed off the bench in the final 20. Frost certainly brings that with Samu where as Phillip is a grinder you need to start games.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I too would have had Lolesio or Vunivalu on the bench but let's see how we go with Simone. Great to see JOC (James O'Connor) back, can only presume that Rennie thinks he is back sharp and to full fitness.

Also great to see Jed and Foketi taking opportunity. Huge day for Pone!

The shuffle removed the chance for a 6/2 bench - I suspect more cover was desired in the backs due to injury rather than a tactical call that the 6/2 did not provide benefits. Strangely feeling fine with this 23 given the number of players who are missing.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I’m not really surprised by the omission of Philip - seems the logical choice based on the last two tests if they want to give Arnold a run…

Status
Not open for further replies.