• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU high performance unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
From Ben Whitaker, here's what it doesn't do:

“We run a coaching development program nationally, which I don’t oversee, nor does Michael Cheika. We have an involvement, but we don’t oversee it. …

… Whitaker insists the looming meeting of the minds is anything but a summit — which its been dubbed — and has been in planning with Dwyer and Marks for some time, certainly since before Australia’s five provincial franchises lost 17 from 17 Super Rugby matches against New Zealand opposition in 2017.

“In my diary it’s a meeting. It just happens to have more than two people in it,” Whitaker said.​

Any know what it does do; the ARU High Performance Director - what's the point of him?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Any know what it does do; the ARU High Performance Director - what's the point of him?

From the job title, presumably he manages the staff and programmes that fall under the Wallabies, Super Rugby, 7s, and U20s.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
“They’ll sit in a room with myself, Michael Cheika and Mick Byrne and give us some experiences. It’ll be a great couple of hours. I’ll need to keep the stop watch on a few of them because it could go through to middle of the night.”

Whitaker is confident that with the right changes implemented the ARU can help restore the glory days to Australian rugby. …

“We’ve been there before. We’ve got an outstanding head coach, outstanding staff both here and at the Super teams.

If we had to be super critical, we’d say (a lack of) alignment would be an issue and there is strong belief that we have the potential to get back and win.”

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
'Outstanding'
19789999.jpg

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If we had to be super critical, we’d say (a lack of) alignment would be an issue and there is strong belief that we have the potential to get back and win.”

anyone able to decode this?
the reason I ask is that we're not yet in the part of the season where we bring all the provinces together and realise they've all been playing to different theories - that joy awaits us.
I just can't quite see what alignment is: I mean the provinces are perfectly aligned in one sense: no one has beaten the kiwis. they're all on 0 in that department and are perfectly aligned.

Status
Not open for further replies.