• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ashes 2021-22

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I thought Cummins statement was pretty good. I'm fine with all that so long as the players are prepared to firstly accept that there will be increased scrutiny and secondly they will own the outcome for good or for ill of whatever happens next. Basically, show that they will carry forward the growth in the team culture that JL obviously tried to instill in them. I think Cummins recognises that too and I'd like to think that as a leader he will prevent anything like the Cape Town debacle from happening again.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I personally love to push back to the 'golden generation'. Clarke and Johnson in particular can butt out.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I love his statement.

I don't think he could have made the statement earlier. His role is not to weigh in on an employment situation within Cricket Australia.

Clearly he's supportive of Langer as a person and what he's done but it was also pretty clear that the players are quite happy that he's being moved on.
Yes, it was a very well-written statement, so different from most press releases from sportspeople - or others in the public eye. Clear, polite, addresses all the points people were whinging about, and drops the mic on that last line.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
It's interesting this talk from Cummins of evolving the team.

Agree with some recent posts here that he could not have come out with this earlier but the premise of taking the team forward is dicey given they are ranked 1 in tests and t20 world cup champions. It'll look very foolish if the performances slide.

At least he has the courage of his convictions; hopefully he was able to be up front to Langer but by the reading of the resignation letter I am not sure that is the case.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
It's interesting this talk from Cummins of evolving the team.

Agree with some recent posts here that he could not have come out with this earlier but the premise of taking the team forward is dicey given they are ranked 1 in tests and t20 world cup champions. It'll look very foolish if the performances slide.

At least he has the courage of his convictions; hopefully he was able to be up front to Langer but by the reading of the resignation letter I am not sure that is the case.
Yes, with tours to Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and India this year, it's going to be very tough to look as good as they did over the summer. Which will give some of the ex-players something to whinge about. Ignoring the fact that most of them underperformed in Asia as well.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Nah, it's at Karachi. Pindi was a road - I think the Aussie batsmen struggled on the lifeless pitch as did our bowlers. We've been spoilt playing mainly in Australia, England and NZ for the last however many years.