• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ashes 2021-22

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It'll give the selectors something to think about. Longer term I think Inglis is the man, but Carey may well get the gig first up. His recent batting form, other than this innings, hasn't been great.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
There was an article a few days ago in the SMH pointing out that CA picks up about $22 M in revenue from an MCG test, or about $5M from Hobart. So it’ll go to the MCG, as much as it would be great to have it in Hobart.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
There was an article a few days ago in the SMH pointing out that CA picks up about $22 M in revenue from an MCG test, or about $5M from Hobart. So it’ll go to the MCG, as much as it would be great to have it in Hobart.
Yeah I saw that article too. The non rational/nostalgic/cricket tragic part of the brain wishes it would like it to be Hobart, but you're right, it's likely to be in Melbourne.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Realising the scale of the grounds is different, was that $22M average? It changes significantly depending on the opponent, I'll bet.

Would a return match at the MCG attract those kids of crowds? Particularly if the series is over.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
1638913798586.png

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just looking at that England bowling lineup it's not what you could call intimidating. Almost get the feeling Root batted 'cos he didn't want Aus to be 1/300-odd tonight.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
10-147! 5 wickets for Cummins. Before tea. But rain is coming big time.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Realising the scale of the grounds is different, was that $22M average? It changes significantly depending on the opponent, I'll bet.

Would a return match at the MCG attract those kids of crowds? Particularly if the series is over.

“Up to” a $17 million gap in revenue. You’re right, the Boxing Day test pulls massive crowds partly because it’s an icon, who knows if that would be replicated for a repeat test in the same series…