• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A - Back on the Cards

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Aus A is there to benefit the Wallabies. If you start for the Rebels it doesn't mean you are automatically ranked in the top 5 for your position in the country.

It should be the best available right now. Especially with a RWC at the end of next year. The Early 2000s Brumbies could have had 1,2,3 in certain positions.

What have the Tahs done this year? Won a couple more fixtures, whooptydoo. the NSW biased media looking thru their wattle shaded Waratah glasses - hyping up all their players. Rugby public opinion majorly swayed by the nsw media. Of course they are going to talk about the playmakers of a team on the rebound.

i am just a salty qld fan wanting more respect of the #1 rugby nursery of Australia = Queensland …

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I hope both Gordon Brothers become great Rugby players but they aren't up to this level at this point in time.

He was taken out of the 10 at the Rebels at points this year by To'omua (QLDer). I really don't see any NSW bias in selections for the past couple of years. If you look at most of the U20s teams they have been full of all these anointed QLD kids.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Aus A is there to benefit the Wallabies. If you start for the Rebels it doesn't mean you are automatically ranked in the top 5 for your position in the country.

It should be the best available right now. Especially with a RWC at the end of next year. The Early 2000s Brumbies could have had 1,2,3 in certain positions.
and harrison is also yet to return.

gordon is behind 3 tahs, each of which stepped in and did a good job in super, and 2 rewarded with A's performances.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Fiji I thought.

I'm 99% sure its Samoa, did a podcast last year & talked about becoming a leader in his community back there & how he's taken it on at the Rebels as well. How he wants to set a humble pacifica culture that can be passed down.

I'm also not 100% that he has "officially indicated" he will change but that's just the indication

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
AB15F13A-7AF5-4771-82DC-F3348140DC3F.jpeg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tom Banks wow.
Max Jorgensen straight in wow.

Good to see Frost, Vunivalu, Pone, Neville all in.

Haha Swain, no doubt using these 3 matches as part of his ban. Clever.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Not sure about Max Jorgensen & Teddy Wilson in this squad just yet

Jurgensen is there as a development player so seemingly won't be eligible to play.

Who is the other halfback you'd pick? Fines made himself unavailable for the last tour to keep his international eligibility open.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Jurgensen is there as a development player so seemingly won't be eligible to play.

Who is the other halfback you'd pick? Fines made himself unavailable for the last tour to keep his international eligibility open.

We got though the pac cup with just the 2 9's, but if I had to pick i'd say Kalani Thomas (not saying he's a head of Fines)

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
what’s the point of Tom Banks… honestly? Am I missing something with his wallaby eligibility. Is he back with the brumbies and his Japan stint just a off-season sabbatical

He left for overseas money and we rolling him out in a development team. (Aus A)

guess he put his hand up and his club agreed for his release considering they are touring Japan.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hot damn, interesting squad.

1. Gibbon
2. Longeran
3. Fa'amausili
4. Frost
5. Swain/Neville (Lol)
6. Uru
7. Wilkin
8. Gleeson
9. Longeran