• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

australia a vs canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
Australian barbarians versus Canada
Friday 26 August – 7.30pm
Skilled Park, Robina, Gold Coast

word on the street is mitchells planning his comeback game along with tpn.
isnt the world cup squads supposta be named on the 22nd of august?
who would be in your team?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Assuming last week's side would be the Wallaby team to take on the ABs the next night, then I'd have a team something like:

15 Luke Morahan
14 Rodney Davies
13 Mark Gerrard
12 Rob Horne
11 Lachlan Turner
10 Matt Giteau
9 Luke Burgess
8 Radike Samo
7 Beau Robinson
6 David Dennis
5 Dan Vickerman
4 Sitaleki Timani
3 Salesi Ma'afu
2 Tatafu Polota-Nau
1 Ben Daley

16 James Hanson
17 James Slipper
18 Dean Mumm
19 Liam Gill
20 Ben Lucas
21 Ben Tapuai
22 Drew Mitchell

Now, I'm assuming Fat Cat and Palu won't be right, whilst assuming Mitchell, Slipper and TPN will be. For no apparent reason I've gone with working Drew and Slipps back from the bench.

I've basically picked guys from the 40 man squad, plus Horne who is training with them and back playing this weekend. Then I've filled out the squad with Reds players (who deserve a shot) because the game is on the Gold Coast and it will cost the ARU less to just bring in local players. ;)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If fit I think Burgess would have to be benching against the AB's. Phipps would be more likely to be in this game IMO. Same goes for Slipper and possibly Samo

T

tranquility

I would honestly prefer Jono Lance at 10 to Giteau. James Stannard for that matter as well.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Also hear that big Cliffy Palu will be back from his knee surgery for this and his cracked shoulder should be good to go by then. Will be good to see him in action again. I had a look over some of his work on youtube the other day and it really highlights the difference between a hard hitting, hard running big F*ck off no. 8 and McCalman. I don't think we'll see McCalman ever carded for putting a cracker of a hit on like Palu on Rob Kearney in 2009, such a pity he's hardly played since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.