• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia: now the worlds most hated team, and whinging saffas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Look we know we are the good guys.

NZ can be haters, remember who helped you guys out after Christchurch. Add to that the natural disasters we had to look after ourselves without getting over there to help you out. Stop hating us because all your family keep leaving NZ to come here for work and opportunity. We have never been any good at Rugby except for a brief period in the 80's and 90's why kick a dog whilst it's down all the time?

A bit one eyed there mate.
Plenty of NZ rescue came over to Oz to help you guys out for the QL Floods and Victora fires so dont go there.
I think politics like this should be kept out of sport.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
A bit one eyed there mate.
Plenty of NZ rescue came over to Oz to help you guys out for the QL Floods and Victora fires so dont go there.
I think politics like this should be kept out of sport.

We how about we focus on the politics within Rugby of treating all players with respect instead?

Didn't see us booing Thorn every time he touched the ball did you?

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I haven't read all of the thread, but from being at the game on the weekend I'd dare say the the topic headline is somewhat fitting.

I had Kiwis screaming at me, South Africans coming up to me at the end of the game saying things that'd make a sailor blush and even the Poms were wearing All Black jerseys at the game.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I haven't read all of the thread, but from being at the game on the weekend I'd dare say the the topic headline is somewhat fitting.

I had Kiwis screaming at me, South Africans coming up to me at the end of the game saying things that'd make a sailor blush and even the Poms were wearing All Black jerseys at the game.

For fucks sake there are dickheads everywhere.

Come to the SFS with me in a Bulls jersey and Suncorp with a Bok jersey is no better.

The victim mentality in this thread is pathetic.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
We how about we focus on the politics within Rugby of treating all players with respect instead?

No, but you dont see Brad Thorn Kneeing players in the head and pushing players in the head into the ground after a try. You aslo dont hear him say were gonna 'tear any team apart' before a game either.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Blue, SC - given the situation of just losing a RWC semi to the arch nemesis, I think a bit of hoo haa over nothing here and there is to be expected.

EFTTAASOAS - kicking a dog whilst down is just banter mate. Lets leave the victims of the floods & quake & our nations emergency services out of it. At the very least, as a mark of respect for those that lost their lives in those terrible times.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Look we know we are the good guys.

Keep it classy i think.

However i do think that this consistant booing of Cooper can be turned into a positive. Remember when Paul Roo's played for the swans and everyone would call out Roo's...

Drown the haters out with COOOOO-PER

But like i say we should take the high ground.

NZ can be haters, remember who helped you guys out after Christchurch. Add to that the natural disasters we had to look after ourselves without getting over there to help you out. Stop hating us because all your family keep leaving NZ to come here for work and opportunity. We have never been any good at Rugby except for a brief period in the 80's and 90's why kick a dog whilst it's down all the time?

As for SA if there are ruck infringements, quit blaming the ref. Blame your captain John Smit. Because if i was skipper i would have said 'hey this ruck ball thing isn't working lets try mauling it'
Also remember SA when you blokes when opposition teams were dropping like flies for political reasons we were there to give you a game.

But like i say keep it classy.

I think that we should not have played the boks in the early 70s, nor should NZ, and the cavaliers should never have toured there in the mid(?) 80s.
We should not now be seeking credit for any comfort given to apartheid by us playing them. It was a mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
I think that we should not have played the boks in the early 70s, nor should NZ and the cavaliers should never have toured there in the mid(?) 80s.
We should not now be seeking credit for any comfort given to apartheid by us playing them. It was a mistake.

Agreed. As i said before my comment was a bit tounge and cheek. I have often thought why is it that Saffa's seem to have so much resentment towards us? I wondered if this was a catalyst, correct me if i am wrong but we were the last to play against them in an international test match at that time?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
They toured for the last time here in 1971.
I thought they toured NZ at about the same time - Wikipedia says they toured NZ in 1981
I went to the SCG and I couldn't work out why all these hippies had it in for the bokke....I was young!
I also recall that when they won in 1995 some blazer claimed that if they played in 87 and 91 they' have won the too.....surely we can't be as bad as that???

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
They toured for the last time here in 1971.
I thought they toured NZ at about the same time - Wikipedia says they toured NZ in 1981
I went to the SCG and I couldn't work out why all these hippies had it in for the bokke....I was young!
I also recall that when they won in 1995 some blazer claimed that if they played in 87 and 91 they' have won the too.....surely we can't be as bad as that???

I also heard saw a fantastic show about South African sport. When they were here at the time the SA team stayed up in Redfern (i guess to be close to the ground and city and keep costs down) Two young Aboriginal kids had SA jersey's on in front of where they were staying and people were protesting their precence. Needless to say it didn't go down well.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Agreed. As i said before my comment was a bit tounge and cheek. I have often thought why is it that Saffa's seem to have so much resentment towards us? I wondered if this was a catalyst, correct me if i am wrong but we were the last to play against them in an international test match at that time?

No. NZ, 81.

Jeez guys get some perspective. You're forming your views based on some rabid facebook trolls. Hardly representative.

Aussies and Saffers like to have a go at each other which we have discussed on these boards before.

I love to watch the Boks smash the Wallabies but I don't hate anyone and you would find the average SA fan to share that view. :)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Funny you should post this EVERY, because I sitting here with a headache from sister in NZ ripping into me. Let me tell you how it went.
Me: I got to admit sis, I bit pissed off with the Quade booing shit, don't know if it making us look very good.
Sis: What the fuck are you talking about, (she was at semi on sunday) and when QC (Quade Cooper) kicked off on the full this whole row behind me started booing and jeering him, I turned around to tell them to behave, and it was a group of about 12-15 Wallaby suppoerters, when I asked what was going on they said he's a red wanker, he's useless, and Barnes should be 10. They were into him whole game, so you can tell all your Aussioe mates before they get up themselves check their fucken facts!! They were booing him more than anyone else in our section of crowd.
Me: hey calm down, I was just saying
Sis: I know ad I hate booing but if anyone tries to tell you it was only us at Eden Park, tell them they are liars.
Me: hey you do get dickheads from everywhere
Sis: yep but are any of your mates going crook about the Aussies that are doing it?
So I asked how her kids are and her Son inlaw(who is and Aussie) and she calmed down. So I decided she was there, and I do know her, know she wouldn't be bullshitting me, so have to take her word thast some of you lot are liars.. Lol and I won't even tell you what she said about going to Wallabies/Russian game with her best mates (who are also Aussies)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And what I meant to say, is don't ever take facebooks or forums as base for people "hating" other nations, people on these things to at time tend to just shit stir. I have never seen anything to indicate that Australia are the most hated sports teams!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Here is what Aussies are saying on Quade's FB page. Kiwis are actually defending him:

Ben Kirk to Quade Cooper
Maybe you could do everyone a favour and jump off a cliff...maybe then Australia would win....you disgusting traitor
LikeUnlike · · 3 hours ago · Shared with: Public3 people like this.
Mark as SpamReport as Abuse...Mark as Spam

Duncan Francis too right mate
3 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 person
Joyce Pavish likes this.
Holly Marshall Its a game!
3 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 3 people
Duncan Francis that makes him more of a twat!
Gena Fetu thats really an unneccessary comment... how many penalties did he give away to the ABz?.. NONE!!! you need to look at the rest of the Aussie team that played and yourselves for putting unrealistic expectations on the dude... you only let yourselves down. not Q.C.
3 hours ago · UnlikeLike · 5 people
Ben Kirk ohmy really maybe you should look at what advantage he offers to the australian team.....nothing I dont think hes ever done anything except betray his country....
3 hours ago · LikeUnlike
Duncan Francis Here we go again lol
3 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike · 2 people
2 people like this.
Daniel Besenyi the rest of the aussie team are arogant shits like coopers... plus hes ugly
3 hours ago · LikeUnlike
Sean Gautusa GO GENA! Give yourself an uppercut Ben....directly before going and finding yourself a life.
Even as a staunch AB fan (and one who has critisised Quade a lot this year) I will say: 'Keep your chin up Quade. You have the makings of one of t...he best players to play Test rugby and your career has just started. Don't go to league - prove yourself here first and then do what you want. Best of luck....just not so much against the ABs ;)
Duncan Francis I'm not letting anyone down. You kids needa calm down lol
3 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike
Duncan Francis To be a good player he needs a good attitude. He hasn't got that
3 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike
Daniel Besenyi quade is shit. he should ust give up. his attidtue and arrogance is appauling and he needs to get an education and get some respect for other and not have his head up his own arse. im glad sonny bill dropped the shoulder to him. Aaron cruden is way better than qaude... no doubt about it
3 hours ago · LikeUnlike
Gena Fetu lol@betray.. Ben.. is Q.C really the only kiwi playing for another team other than NZ?.. i think we had 6 kiwis coaching 6 rugby world cup teams altogether... 3 of the teams made it to the semis so I think we offer more to Rugby itself as a whole than just to one team.. wouldn't you call that an advantage? .. jus sayin
3 hours ago · UnlikeLike · 1 person
Tyla Quaide Pickering-Turner hes a undercover allblack fan :)
3 hours ago · LikeUnlike

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I also find pretty shamefull hearing a rugby crowd repeatedly booing and victimising one player - it goes way beyond booing a kicker for example, and certainly doesn't show any level of respect to the game.
Bloody Kiwis. We'd never resort to such a low act, well, not unless Richard Hadlee is playing.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
his attidtue and arrogance is appauling and he needs to get an education and get some respect for other and not have his head up his own arse. im glad sonny bill dropped the shoulder to him. Aaron cruden is way better than qaude... no doubt about it

At least this guy has a wonderful grasp of irony.
I think it's irony. :tard:

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
I think it's clear from what Dan54 and Bullrush are saying, is that we should all go back to hating Waratah fans. Not Kiwis. :)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Lol Cheezel, I must admit as Reds are my team (when not playing kiwi teams as a rule) I am perepared to go along with this. To tell truth it is good fun saying how low on the life scale Waratahs supporters are.

'Just kidding ,it's all in fun

Status
Not open for further replies.