• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Goes to show the level of group think and lack of diversity of thought in these organisations. Ironic given they have a fawning conga line of sycophants that evangelise "diversity" (political and regional diversity not included sorry). Perhaps we should have quotas for regional and interstate board members for Sydney and Melbourne corporates?
You've really gotten your money's worth out of your thesaurus today

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Enjoy losing the referendum :)
I'm not sure I will, mate; but I'm also not a member of the population that will be most affected by the result, nor one hurt by the sometimes disgusting comments of opponents who have been emboldened by the alarmist rhetoric spewed by certain public figures - despite clarifications and objections to these claims from the overwhelming majority of this nation's constitutional law experts, among others.

I hope you find comfort in the event of a 'win', knowing that you can say "I told you so!" to a bunch of people on a rugby forum, even if it does little to advance our nation.

Speaking of rugby forums, let's get back to the footy, hey?

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's a referendum, if people disagree then they will vote accordingly and the results will reflect that, i don't think this is an issue that people should gloat over if the other view "wins"
Rarely do we agree but on this one I agree with your sentiment. it is a conscience vote that will change the constitution and as such the arguments need to be expounded.
Obviously, to many here, I am on the side of Jacinta Price and the No movement, I agree with her that this splits our country by race and that ain't good in my book.

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
State, Federal and Local throw hundreds of $millions at sports each year for political gain, of which rugby is also a major beneficiary. From training and stadium facilities, luring sporting events, funding programs like the 7's through AIS. On top of that you have Aus Govt /DFAT funding the Fijan Drua participation in Super Rugby and Super W due to geo-political factors in the Pacific.

You cant accept a cheque from the government to build new facilities at Moore Park or Daceyville and then turn around the next and say politics has no place in the sport.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
“I have laid out the above in some detail in order to underline the absurdity of Mr Nobbs’ pious expression of belief that ‘politics and sport should not mix’,” Abrahams wrote of his role in protesting against the former South African regime.

“They do – and they have, constantly, for decades. When people make the Nobbs claim, they are making a comment about themselves – either their personal conservative and often retrograde politics or their lack of that wider awareness, that ability to think empathically and laterally about their fellow humans that we should have the right to expect of people, even in a limited but important domain like that in which Mr Nobbs operates.

“I should add that I have accepted to go out and speak to the Voice under the auspices of Australians For Indigenous Constitutional Recognition, chaired by Danny Gilbert and Rachel Perkins. I will probably be doing this in regional NSW.

“I can’t go into the detail of the Voice in this letter but it is possible that even you are not aware of just how deeply and over what period of time the deliberations on the shape of the Voice – its local, regional and national entities – have been nor how stunningly prepared have been the reports (such as that by Marcia Langton and Tom Calma).

“This is not some whim of a thing that people like Mr Nobbs can come to with their doubtless non-existent grasp of its detail. And I know that Senator David Pocock would agree with me. (I presume that Mr Nobbs is decidedly averse to David’s political interventions during his Brumby playing days).”

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
How true is thia does everyone think. It's from Tony Harper whoever he is, so will leave it to others to say how true it is.

"Eddie Jones has declared that win or lose it will be time to leave his job as Wallabies coach after the World Cup.

Jones, speaking on the Evening Standard Rugby Podcast, also made his thoughts clear on the Giteau law, praising Will Skelton as the best in the world in his position and giving a huge hint that Richie Arnold is in line for a World Cup spot.

Jones sensationally signed a deal in January that takes him through the end of the next World Cup in 2027 but rejected suggestions he was in it for the long haul.

“I’m only coaching to this World Cup,” Jones said. “I’ve signed, but as I’ve made the mistake before, I’ve stayed too long. So we win the World Cup it will be time to go. If we lose the World Cup it will be time to go.”

Whether Jones genuinely belies that, or it’s another example of the veteran’s mind games, only he knows right now. He has talked of the World Cup campaign as being a “smash and grab” and anything is possible whichever scenario works out for the Wallabies in France."

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
How true is thia does everyone think. It's from Tony Harper whoever he is, so will leave it to others to say how true it is.

"Eddie Jones has declared that win or lose it will be time to leave his job as Wallabies coach after the World Cup.

Jones, speaking on the Evening Standard Rugby Podcast, also made his thoughts clear on the Giteau law, praising Will Skelton as the best in the world in his position and giving a huge hint that Richie Arnold is in line for a World Cup spot.

Jones sensationally signed a deal in January that takes him through the end of the next World Cup in 2027 but rejected suggestions he was in it for the long haul.

“I’m only coaching to this World Cup,” Jones said. “I’ve signed, but as I’ve made the mistake before, I’ve stayed too long. So we win the World Cup it will be time to go. If we lose the World Cup it will be time to go.”

Whether Jones genuinely belies that, or it’s another example of the veteran’s mind games, only he knows right now. He has talked of the World Cup campaign as being a “smash and grab” and anything is possible whichever scenario works out for the Wallabies in France."
Perhaps tongue in cheek from Eddie? Would have to listen to the context.

Tony Harper is the editor at The Roar. Pretty sure he’s the head guy across all genres on the site. I think the Roar is operated and owned by ARN.