• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Roosters have nothing to do with it, they don’t own Kippax or Tramway ovals, that land is owned by the Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust. Roosters lease space including an agreement for field access, just like Sydney Swans and Rugby Australia.

They’re not using a second field because both men and women deserve the primary field, and not pushed to a field with no stands, ammenities, or broadcast coverage.

Hell, yesterday at work a few of my co-workers (of whom most are RL fans first) and I were talking about watching the 7s. Three blokes and a woman. All of us were of the position that we tuned in to watch the Aussie girls as opposed to the men. To have had them play on a secondary pitch would have seen three of the four would not have bothered watching more than a few games.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I know there was recently talk about Rugby going after some League players and in particular players that have previous experience in playing Rugby.

Take Will Penisini off the list as he's signed a 2 year extension with Parra. The Sua'ali'i'i chat will never go away whilst he is in his current contract because he is allowed to negotiate every year.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I know there was recently talk about Rugby going after some League players and in particular players that have previous experience in playing Rugby.

Take Will Penisini off the list as he's signed a 2 year extension with Parra. The Sua'ali'i'i chat will never go away whilst he is in his current contract because he is allowed to negotiate every year.
Funnily enough the SMH have an article out saying Parra hopeful that Sua'ali'i'i will follow Penisini to Parra, go figure. Must be contract negotiation time or something........

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Don't know how they could afford it with their roster but if your mate wants to pump your tires up a bit, I support it.

The Sua'ali'i'i chat is going to drive people nuts right up until the Roosters give him an extra 150k

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sua'ali'i'i has until the end of April to exercise his get-out of the Roosters, so we'll know rather soon his intentions.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SMH said this offer was tabled to Sualli and he rejected it, so will likely need to offer more than this

This column has seen the Sua'ali'i contract offer on a South Sydney letterhead and can reveal the figures: $800,000 in 2024; $900,000 in 2025; and $1 million in 2026. It would appear $2.7 million over three years is not over the odds for a player of his enormous potential, despite Sua'ali'i being only 19. Sua'ali'i has a unique contract with options in his favour that make him effectively a rolling target for opposition clubs.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Not even going to get a look in for anything below 1.1m per season.

Tedesco is said to be on 1.1m currently and Joseph is clearly a top level Fullback from his showing at the RLWC. Mitchel Moses is rumoured to have been offered 1.3m a year and yes he’s a Halfback but it’s a position in the spine like a Fullback.

They will no doubt use teams like the Dolphins to up his price.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Not even going to get a look in for anything below 1.1m per season.

Tedesco is said to be on 1.1m currently and Joseph is clearly a top level Fullback from his showing at the RLWC. Mitchel Moses is rumoured to have been offered 1.3m a year and yes he’s a Halfback but it’s a position in the spine like a Fullback.

They will no doubt use teams like the Dolphins to up his price.

Why would he want to go to souths? he's not playing FB ahead of Latrell

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Perhaps the appeal of a RWC / Lions tour / Olympic Games could help reduce the slats y requirements.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Wallabies will make a major re-signing announcement tomorrow at Allianz Stadium.

Bell's named. Would it be Tupou? He's in Townsville. I guess they could do it at Sydney to get it at a arm length from MElbourne?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Bell's named. Would it be Tupou? He's in Townsville. I guess they could do it at Sydney to get it at a arm length from MElbourne?
Word is Valetini is about to sign through to 2027, could be that. Could be that he'll be awarded the John Eales medal at the same time.

I'm not sure the Tupou signing will be officially announced for some time, Rebels can't really do the press they'll want to do while he's still on Reds duties.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Word is Valetini is about to sign through to 2027, could be that. Could be that he'll be awarded the John Eales medal at the same time.

I'm not sure the Tupou signing will be officially announced for some time, Rebels can't really do the press they'll want to do while he's still on Reds duties.

I think RA will announce Nela 1st, that's awesome news about bobby v!

Last edited: