• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)

I'm afraid that doesn't really help much, does it?

Not one element of "The Plan" isn't there already. If they're talking about funding more development officers, reducing the cost impost on programs like Jr Gold or making it cheaper for the club officials to be accredited, that would be great. But it's not what they're saying.

Not one word of that explains where the added cost is actually going (except the "New Technology" - which is only necessary because of the absurdities of previous incarnations).

Essentially, we will be afforded a cost impost for either an existing service we're not receiving or a future service which isn't defined......

I'd also love to know where the participant numbers came from for that report. It wasn't long ago I saw claims of 300,000 which were being questioned.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
I sort of suspected that. It makes sense. Nonetheless, it's not a real number. So the participation is actually 225,000. Not the 615,000 purported.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
No,not even.
There us also plenty of double dipping going on.
If you play club & school they count you as two.
If you also play in a 7's tournament you are counted thrice.
Etc etc.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
I'm willing to accept the 225,000. I just checked the 300,000 claim I mentioned earlier. It was from 2012 and that is where the questions of the double-counting were. So, I can deal with 225,000.

T

Train Without a Station

In the context of actual participation they are fudged, but in the context of a comparison to other codes, they all employ similar measures to demonstrate their code's reach for commercial measures. Is this correct?

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
I am not familiar with how player registrations work now but I suspect the use of "Plan" in the title is not so much in the strategic rugby sense but more like a mobile phone "plan" marketing brochure.

We had a $200 team levy last year but surely this did not also cover insurance. Someone on a thread pointed out that the new participant registration fee will add up to more than $200 per team so we have a brochure explaining why everyone should feel happy about paying it.

To belabour Inside Shoulder's continuing complaint; the main benefit from paying the participation fee to the ARU is that you get to play a game that is already there, built by generations of players and administrators, not by the ARU. I would love to know what chunk of the fee goes to the new technology platform collecting the fees

Happy Jack, where did you get $173 from? This cannot be comparable to the ARU brochure, unless they release different brochures in each state. Bizarre, but anything is possible. Maybe the QRU has added in $65 on top.

The only possible item that could be conceived as part of a strategic plan is the number of participants. However the starting number of participants is meaningless, there is no plan for increasing numbers and no target or timeframe. It really is an insult to the game's collective intelligence to use the word in the document, especially in the context of "Part 3 The Plan".

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
I am not familiar with how player registrations work now but I suspect the use of "Plan" in the title is not so much in the strategic rugby sense but more like a mobile phone "plan" marketing brochure.

We had a $200 team levy last year but surely this did not also cover insurance. Someone on a thread pointed out that the new participant registration fee will add up to more than $200 per team so we have a brochure explaining why everyone should feel happy about paying it.

To belabour Inside Shoulder's continuing complaint; the main benefit from paying the participation fee to the ARU is that you get to play a game that is already there, built by generations of players and administrators, not by the ARU. I would love to know what chunk of the fee goes to the new technology platform collecting the fees

Happy Jack, where did you get $173 from? This cannot be comparable to the ARU brochure, unless they release different brochures in each state. Bizarre, but anything is possible. Maybe the QRU has added in $65 on top.

The only possible item that could be conceived as part of a strategic plan is the number of participants. However the starting number of participants is meaningless, there is no plan for increasing numbers and no target or timeframe. It really is an insult to the game's collective intelligence to use the word in the document, especially in the context of "Part 3 The Plan".

Replace the NSW in Dave Beat's URL with QLD or ACT and you get the identical document adapted for that state.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
If it's the same as last year the NSWRU and VRU didn't pass on as much of a state union fee charge to their players - they subsidised some of it themselves (or at least they get less grant $$ from the ARU after collection).

The QRU (and the other unions) passed on the full charge to the players.

The difference in cost is basically the QRU deciding they want more grant money from the ARU - and the players in that state being charged to provide it

T

TOCC

Just for the record...

To have you kid play for South Sydney Juniors Rugby League it costs you $0, for paying $0 you get a training jumper, a jersey, tracksuit, hat and shoes..

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
South Sydney Juniors have a massive Poker Machine Barn to subsidise junior loig subs.

Not so in all areas of Sydney. A mates kids played with the North Ryde Hawks (Kurtleys old club) and their rego fees are around $180 IIRC.

T

Train Without a Station

HJ by comparison what are your kids fees at their club?