• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McLean (32)
I know it is the wrong code, but are you able to post a daily update? By any chance, you are not Tepai's manager?:)

i will pvt them to you. LG might boot me! And no to your second question; if i were he would not have played so many games over the last several years.

The Taxi Driver

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi, just wondering if you can help me out on this? Why are so many boys from NSW 2, in the Australian team given NSW 1 played Qld 1 in a playoff today? Assuming there is a presumption that the players in the 1st team of both States are stronger? And someone selected from Combined States (which is what exactly?) If not in 1st or second team, is it a Barbarians team?

I am new to this so a little naive question for all you learned folk. And I was wondering whether I need to employ a Rugby Lobbyist for my 15yr old and start the campaign now?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
CTPE,

I dont know the lad from a bar of soap, and i am no expert on the tight five, but the lad goes hard! Which leaves me to ask the question if Robertson has an attitude problem that only the selectors and coaching staff know about? How does he keep getting ignored? it defies logic IMO.

At the end of the day he has made an Australian team, but he was worthy of a higher selection.

Interesting selections all round with the props -

Schoolboys have Pleash (QLD1), Orr (NSW2), Nadruka (ACT) and Kavapalu (VIC) - only Kapavalu wore the no 3 in the program!!

The "A" team has Prior-Lees (NSW1), Robertson (NSW2), Tarr (QLD2) and Sikimeti (Qld1) - both Robertson and Sikimeti played THP

So that 5 LHPs and 3 THPs ??

I didn't see either Nadruka or Sikimeti play so can't comment other than noting that a couple of previous posters have lauded Sikimeti's performances for VIC at 3. I thought Pleash was the best of the props I saw in the games on Thursday and today. Robertson ran a close second and in my view should be in the 1s.

Orr and Prior-Lees have only moved to the front row in the last 12 months - they've done very well from a selection perspective. I saw Tarr get smashed on Thursday by a NSW prop who didn't gain selection in either Oz team so I just can't fathom his selection. If it's a balance up QLD numbers thing Latham Takau may have been a better choice.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Hi, just wondering if you can help me out on this? Why are so many boys from NSW 2, in the Australian team given NSW 1 played Qld 1 in a playoff today? Assuming there is a presumption that the players in the 1st team of both States are stronger? And someone selected from Combined States (which is what exactly?) If not in 1st or second team, is it a Barbarians team?

I am new to this so a little naive question for all you learned folk. And I was wondering whether I need to employ a Rugby Lobbyist for my 15yr old and start the campaign now?

Depends on what association he has a run in. If it is CCC, forget it - he has buckleys and none.:cool:

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
A couple of other selections observations:

1. Angus Pulver did very well to make the Oz team from CS - a big effort for a number 9 in a team that didn't have a lot of success.
2. Jake Kaye (NSW2) and Sam Greene (QLD1) were the only players to gain selection from the players wearing numbers higher than 15 from the four NSW & QLD teams.
3. Five NSW2 players in the Oz team
4. No QLD2 players in the Oz team
5. VIC's hooker Moli Sooaemalelagi gaining selection in the Oz team ahead of probably more fancied rivals?

Bill McLean (32)
Most would have to agree that the NSW II's did play well all week and deserved their selections in the Aus teams.

I was most impressed with Harry Jones all week! On a final note i thought Jack 'the lad' McCalman would have got the nod for a slot!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Most would have to agree that the NSW II's did play well all week and deserved their selections in the Aus teams.

I was most impressed with Harry Jones all week! On a final note i thought Jack 'the lad' McCalman would have got the nod for a slot!

NSW II came within a whisker of being in the final v NSW I. Not surprising that they got #'s chosen for higher representation.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
i will pvt them to you. LG might boot me! And no to your second question; if i were he would not have played so many games over the last several years.

Looking at last and this year, he would have had Harold Matts, SG Ball, reps union U16s, GPS trials, Opens rep union and club games. I can see burn out on the way.

Bill McLean (32)
Peter Kay the ex-Wallaby prop and Parramatta stalwart who played until he was 500 years old would be a very proud dad tonight! :)

Bill McLean (32)
Looking at last and this year, he would have had Harold Matts, SG Ball, reps union U16s, GPS trials, Opens rep union and club games. I can see burn out on the way.

And his athletics for which he is an Australian champion i believe. This young man has now come to a very important cross-road in his life today.

Since1961

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes he can - a strange selection indeed.

With 'Regards, Newbie' and defference to CTPE, aren't you two above that? If we keep scratching that sore, we'll end up with the same sh!t that inundated the NSW State Championships threads ...... and some whinger will be banging about how could Orr make this team when West Harbour didn't win a game all long weekend (pending Newbie and MOTH providing some gratuitous advice).

And, talking of Orr, I thought I spotted him at THP in Trinity's 2011 CAS premiership team - to whoever thought he was new to the position.

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
any comments on jack Tuttle (QLD 1) missing out on the Oz team?
Very interesting I thought Tuttle was a certainty. Of those who were fortunate enough to watch all week, did he under perform or were there just better backs on the day. Usually reputation comes before form in these type of selections.
The other interesting selection was Manns in Aus A. He surely was not up there with other number 8's at this level. Thoughts anyone?

Bill McLean (32)
With 'Regards, Newbie' and defference to CTPE, aren't you two above that? If we keep scratching that sore, we'll end up with the same sh!t that inundated the NSW State Championships threads .. and some whinger will be banging about how could Orr make this team when West Harbour didn't win a game all long weekend (pending Newbie and MOTH providing some gratuitous advice).

And, talking of Orr, I thought I spotted him at THP in Trinity's 2011 CAS premiership team - to whoever thought he was new to the position.

No one is suggesting Orr played poorly and did not deserve a spot! IMO (which i am entitled to just as you are) I believe Robertson was better; both at the NSW trials and this week at the Australian championship!

J

JC Rugby101

With 'Regards, Newbie' and defference to CTPE, aren't you two above that? If we keep scratching that sore, we'll end up with the same sh!t that inundated the NSW State Championships threads .. and some whinger will be banging about how could Orr make this team when West Harbour didn't win a game all long weekend (pending Newbie and MOTH providing some gratuitous advice). .

Only my opinion, but I'd have Orr any day of the week in my forward pack

Status
Not open for further replies.