• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Super Rugby Team of the Week 2024

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
  1. Slipper
  2. Faessler
  3. Nonggorr
  4. Frost
  5. Uru
  6. Wright
  7. McReight
  8. Wilson
  9. McDermott
  10. Lolesio
  11. Toole
  12. Flook
  13. Perese
  14. Pietsch
  15. Wright

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Team of the Week Round 4:

No.PlayerTeamVotesAppearances
1James SlipperBrumbies10/101
2Matt FaesslerReds10/103
3Zane NonggorrReds10/103
4Seru UruReds10/101
5Nick Frost*Brumbies5/102
6Liam WrightReds10/103
7Fraser McReightReds10/103
8Harry WilsonReds6/103
9Tate McDermottReds10/103
10Noah LolesioBrumbies6/102
11Corey TooleBrumbies10/103
12Isaac HenryReds8/102
13Josh FlookReds10/103
14Dylan Peitschtahs5/102
15Tom Wright*Brumbies5/101
16Izaia Peresetahs2/10
17Suliasi VunivaluReds2/10
18Langi Gleesontahs1/10
19Ryan Smith*Reds5/10
20Rob ValetiniBrumbies3/10
21Carter GordonRebels3/10
22Mac GrealyReds2/10
23Jock Campbell*Reds5/10
HMTristan Reillytahs1/10
*Tied on votes

First tie breakers this week, with ties at lock (Nick Frost, Ryan Smith - 5 votes each) and fullback (Tom Wright, Jock Campbell - 5 votes each). With Christy Doran not naming a team this week the deciding votes went to Nathan Williamson at rugby.com.au alone. Bench has gone back to something very ugly with way too many outside backs involved. a classic 5/3 it isn't.

Also just a note on positions - a few people nominated Flook at 12, the position where he finished the game, while others nominated him at 13 where he started. I don't have a problem with this and my approach was to count him in the position he received the most votes and make sure the centre that paired him was the one with the next most votes. Given he can still only receive one vote per team it doesn't disrupt things much at all. This is the similar to the approach I have been using for locks, though they bounce around a lot more in peoples votes, so whichever one gets the most votes gets preference for the jersey they wore on the weekend.

Last edited:

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
1. Slipper
2. Horton
3. Nonggorr
4. Frost
5. Williams
6. Valetini
7. Tizzano
8. Cale
9. White
10. Donaldson
11. Toole
12. Stewart
13. Perese
14. Kuenzle
15. Wright

Last edited:

Beattie

Bob McCowan (2)
1. James Slipper
2. Matt Faessler
3. Zane Nonggorr
4. Nick Frost
5. Jeremy Williams
6. Rob Valetini
7. Carlo Tizzano
8. Charlie Cale
9. Nic White
10. Ben Donaldson
11. Corey Toole
12. Hamish Stewart
13. Sam Spink
14. Bayley Kuenzle
15. Tom Wright

HM. Carter Gordon playing one man against 15 & 100% goal kicking. Noah Lolesio finding his mojo.
Rookie of the week. Mason Gordon. Where did he come from? No handicap required.
Vella showed his strength in the pack.

Last edited:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
1. Vella
2. Horton
3. Kautai
4. Swain
5. Neville
6. Valetini
7. Tizzano
8. Cale
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Toole
12. Stewart
13. Creighton
14. Kuenzle
15. Wright

Last edited:

Hogan

Peter Burge (5)
1. Coxon
2. Horton
3. Kautai
4. Frost
5. Williams
6. Valentini
7. Tizzano
8. Cale
9. White
10. Donaldson
11. Toole
12. Stewart
13. Spink
14. Kuenzle
15. Wright

HM: Mason Gordon, Lolesio, Joey Walton and Swain

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
1. Vella
2. Faessler
3. Van Nek
4. Neville
5. Holloway
6. Valetini
7. Tizzano
8. Cale
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Toole
12. Stewart
13. Creighton
14. Kuenzle
15. Wright

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
1. Vella
2. Horton
3. Kautai
4. Neville
5. Williams
6. Valetini
7. Tizzano
8. Cale
9. White
10. Donaldson
11. Toole
12. Stewart
13. Spink
14. Kuenzle
15. Potter

HM Both Lolesio and Joey Walton played great too.

Last edited:

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tomikin, I think there might be a few posters who don't watch the full games, live or on replay, but just catch up with the minis.
If I'm right, I suspect some of them simply copy and paste one of the prior posts and make perhaps two or three changes to bring some of their favourites into the reckoning.

Now, in the game against Moana, Cadeyrn Neville had an excellent game but gets few mentions while Frost who had very few minutes and hardly sufficient time to be considered for TOTW is at least as popular.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Tomikin, I think there might be a few posters who don't watch the full games, live or on replay, but just catch up with the minis.
If I'm right, I suspect some of them simply copy and paste one of the prior posts and make perhaps two or three changes to bring some of their favourites into the reckoning.

Now, in the game against Moana, Cadeyrn Neville had an excellent game but gets few mentions while Frost who had very few minutes and hardly sufficient time to be considered for TOTW is at least as popular.
Brumby Runner. Some one said pre game….”A full strength Reds side should put 30 - 40 points on the Force the way they are playing atm. A half-strength side should win by 20 - 30.” Great tip considering the Force were better than the Brumbies for most of that match… just saying…

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
1. Coxon
2. Horton
3. Kautai
4. Swain
5. Williams
6. Valentini
7. Tizzano
8. Cale
9. White
10. Donaldson
11. Toole
12. Stewart
13. Spink
14. Kuenzle
15. Wright

HM: Potter, HMP, Tua

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumby Runner. Some one said pre game….”A full strength Reds side should put 30 - 40 points on the Force the way they are playing atm. A half-strength side should win by 20 - 30.” Great tip considering the Force were better than the Brumbies for most of that match… just saying…
Brumbies been winning playing bad...They finally clicked on friday...I thought it be tight because the Force in Perth are hard to beat but I also thought the Reds would win.

Going be a cracking game this Saturday... oh and Brumbies by 10..

Not sure what this has to do with Frost being selected when he hardly played.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Quite a few votes for Frost, who didn’t start and only played 18 mins…
Yeah. I’m obviously getting my locks confused. I did watch the game but was pretty tired. Not really a great excuse but I’ll have to try and do a review and maybe re-consider my vote.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Round 5:

1. Bell
2. Horton
3. Talakai
4. Swain
5. Neville
6. Valetini
7. Tizzano
8. Cale
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Toole
12. Stewart
13. Creighton
14. Kuenzle
15. Wright

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not sure we ever settled on eligibility for this years team, but it looks like a lot of people are nominating Kautai and Coxon, both of whom are ineligible for the Wallabies as far as I'm aware. My preference has always been wallaby eligible only, but if everyone is happy to expand this to every player playing for an Australian side, eligibility be damned then I won't stand in the way. Either way we should settle it before the end of the week.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
You're having a crack at those who can't watch 7hrs of rugby over the weekend, but still want to be involved in ToTW discussions?