• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian U/19 v. England

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PTB

What's the go with this australian u19 side to play england in august?

Have moved the first posts in this thread from the 2011 U/20 thread and it should form the genesis of the 2012 U/20 thread (will change the name later in the year.)

Cheers LG

PS anybody know where the game to be held on 21 Aug. in Sydney is going to be held - and what time?

U

Upright

wats the go with this australian u19 side to play england in august?
Is there one? If so possible NSW's team drawn from Colts this year
1 G Miller Syd Uni
2 Tim Reid Syd Uni
3 David lolahea - West Harbour
4 - ?
5- ?
6 - Miles McCaffery - Eastwood
7 - S Goodman - Syd uni
8 - ?
9 - Donlan - W'gah
10 - Sutton - Eastwood
11 - Arnold - Manly
12 - Carmichael - Gordon
13 - Hingaino - Manly
14 - Tanginoa - West Harbour
15 - Wakim ? - Randwick (maybe over 19)
I think all of those boys are under 19

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Good question about the U/19 side and why it's important is not only to pick a team against the Poms schools side but also that it could form the basis of the 2012 U/20 team.

Ignoring lads who have performed in Colts better than their schools CVs for the moment we should consider 2012 U/20 players first and we come up with:

2. Hugh Roach
7. Liam Gill (c) (well, he would have played if Beau wasn't crocked.)
9. Matt Lucas
11. Tevita Kundriani [Wrong not eligible]
12. Apo
13. Tom Kingston [Wrong not eligible]

Then you'd have to think of Sevens players, Colts promoted to play in Grade and who maybe played for Oz Schools:

5. Steve Cummins
7. Miles McCaffrey
9/10. Lewis Holland
10. Kyle Godwin
13. Mali Hingano
15. Mitchell Felsman

Then so far we have:

2. Roach
5. Cummins
6. McCaffrey
7. Gill (c)
9. Lucas
9/10 Holland
10. Godwin
12. Apo
13. Hingano
15. Felsman

Then you'd add on Colts who have stepped up since school who were born in 1992 or maybe even 1993. Who is playing well in Colts in 2011 as opposed to who is playing who had good schools reputations?

Looks like a distinct lack of tight five forwards.

Does anybody know how 8. Waita Setu and the smallish 2. Joe O'Reagan are playing - also 11/14/15 Lindsay Crook in Canberra and utility Jason Seage?

U

Upright

Lee agree with what you have done - my draft squad was for NSW only and highlighted lads who are the stand outs in Colts this year. The natural progression would be to develop a squad for next years 20's as you have worked on. will be interesting to see if this Under 19's gets off the ground. Seems like a good concept

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
My trouble upright is that I don't get time to watch Colts footie. I am either at Joeys games or watching the Rats.

So those players you mentioned are the best of Sydney Colts who you think are age eligible? Thanks for that - any info on the same in Brisbane and other parts?

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Is there one? If so possible NSW's team drawn from Colts this year
1 G Miller Syd Uni
2 Tim Reid Syd Uni
3 David lolahea - West Harbour
4 - ?
5- ?
6 - Miles McCaffery - Eastwood
7 - S Goodman - Syd uni
8 - ?
9 - Donlan - W'gah
10 - Sutton - Eastwood
11 - Arnold - Manly
12 - Carmichael - Gordon
13 - Hingaino - Manly
14 - Tanginoa - West Harbour
15 - Wakim ? - Randwick (maybe over 19)
I think all of those boys are under 19

Stuart Goodman? He's not even in colts 1s is he? Same with Miller?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Have a look at the Brisbane city colts side, alot of premier grade players there who would be in contention.

Frisby, Felsman, O'Hare, Beauchamp ect

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Needed:

Nominations from around Oz for the tight five, excepting Roach and Cummins, born in 1992 (or possibly 1993) who are playing well in Colts, or better still, have been promoted to Grade already.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Needed:

Nominations from around Oz for the tight five, excepting Roach and Cummins, born in 1992 (or possibly 1993) who are playing well in Colts, or better still, have been promoted to Grade already.

Leslie Makin (and obviously Hugh Roach) from the Canberra comp.

DownsSupporter

Frank Nicholson (4)
Pack possibilities.
Mitchell Carpenter GPS Club, playing Premier Grade first year out of Brisbane Grammar and Michael Birmingham the only QLD school boy from 2010 to make the Reds Academy this year - a 4 and 3 respectively. I am interested in any comment from those that can see the City /Country U 19 match in Brisbane this weekend for your views on Brodie Hoopert (??spelling) a number 6 from Dalby who is playing for Qld Country. I have seen him play this year and last and believe he is something special... hard and with some mongrel who has not benn picked up in the QLD junior development process

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I guess it would be interesting to see where and how the players from the 2008 U16 National champs have progressed and to what level as they should be in the eligible age group.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Carpenter and Birmingham first year out but 19. Both did an extra year in year 12. Few more I would have liked to see in selections but out with injuries for the rest of the season.

U

Upright

If they turned 19 on Jan.1st 2011, or later, they are still eligible.
Yes covers lads such as Sutton, Carmichael and McCaffery who were all part of the representative teams in Under 16's in 2008 but were under 17's in Year 12 in 2009. Whereas their peers e.g Donlan, Roach and Latunipulo finished high school last year.

W

waves

1. Gary Neugebauer (WA)
2. Hugh Roach (ACT)
3. Guy Millar (NSW)
4. William Skelton (NSW)
5. Steve Cummins (NSW)
6. Miles McCaffrey (NSW)
7. Liam Gill (QLD)
8. Boyd Killingsworth (NSW)
9. Matt Lucas (QLD)
10. Kyle Godwin (WA)
11. Mitch Felsman (QLD)
12. Apo Latunipulu (NSW)
13. Malietoa Hingano (NSW)
14. Chris F'Sautia (QLD)
15. Dion Taumata (QLD)

16. Phillip Kite (QLD) / Jed Gillespie (NSW)
17. Leslie Makin (ACT)
18. Michael Carpenter (QLD)
19. Curtis Browning (QLD)
20. Lewis Holland (ACT)
21. Lindsay Crook (QLD)
22. Jason Seage (NSW)

Just thought I'd put a side together of some sort thoughts ?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
11. Mitch Felsman (QLD)
12. Apo Latunipulu (NSW)
13. Malietoa Hingano (NSW)
14. Chris F'Sautia (QLD)
15. Dion Taumata (QLD)

20. Lewis Holland (ACT)
21. Lindsay Crook (QLD)
22. Jason Seage (NSW)

Just thought I'd put a side together of some sort thoughts ?

Those backs must be brilliant if Tom Kingston can't even make the bench!
Sorry Hawko - I made a boo-boo - LG

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
We were actually talking about U/19s to play England this year.

waves

Curtis Browning and CFS are still at school.

Killingworth probably won't play again this year.

Kingston - the ARU used to have his birthdate as 6/4/92 but they have changed it; so yep - he won't be eligible. I'll have to check all the others now. His weight of 95 kgs looked a bit dodgy so I should have crossed check with the Tahs.

Kundriani's birthdate was also listed as 6/4/92 but is actually 31/3/91; so he is ineligible also.

W

waves

We were actually talking about U/19s to play England this year.

waves

Curtis Browning and CFS are still at school.

Oh right I put that team together based on players for Australian Under 20's for 2012 although most of them can qualify for that U19's Australian side.

Boyd Killingsworth and Guy Millar are both out for the season correct.

Jed Gillespie (Prop NSW - Eastwood) and Jason Havea (No 8 NSW - Waratah Academy) suitable replacements ?

Status
Not open for further replies.