• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bam to Brumbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
No serious developments as yet but Apparently Poey has agreed to talks with the Brums. Obviously it'd be a great win for them from a player point of view but I can't really see it happening given that Mowen is the new captain in the Berra and Pocock is the new captain in Perth.

The Brumbies are a team on the up, though, and the Force are in the shit so it might be worth keeping an eye on.

THE Brumbies' unexpected good season may result in the two-time Super Rugby champions reaching the playoffs for the first time since 2004.
And it may also be their best selling point in an attempt to recruit Wallabies openside flanker David Pocock.
It is understood the Brumbies have contacted Pocock and that he has said he will talk to them.
Whether that means Pocock is serious about joining them is unclear, but he did consider making the move to Canberra when he was last out of contract.
All indications suggest Pocock will remain at the Western Force, particularly after the departure of former coach Richard Graham, who is defecting to the Queensland Reds.
Pocock has been at the Force since 2006 and yet to experience playoff rugby, let alone being part of a potential championship-winning team.
The highly competitive Pocock will not want to spend his whole Super Rugby career on a losing team.
If the Force cannot convince him it is heading in the right direction, he might be tempted to go elsewhere. And the Brumbies would love to have him.
The Brumbies' new coach Jake White is rebuilding the franchise and it could be an attractive proposition for Pocock.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Who, Jnor? I thought a slap on the wrist for not paying attention was justified but I don't know about banishment. In any case I don't know how much use he would be to the Force.
Geez Bruce give me some credit, I'm sure the Force would love to have someone else who knows what a 10 and head coach are. I'd be happy to do both, for a price.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
No serious developments as yet but Apparently Poey has agreed to talks with the Brums. Obviously it'd be a great win for them from a player point of view but I can't really see it happening given that Mowen is the new captain in the Berra and Pocock is the new captain in Perth.

The Brumbies are a team on the up, though, and the Force are in the shit so it might be worth keeping an eye on.
I dont think being captain would make a difference at all in this situation, would you rather play for the All Balcks or be captain of Japan? He will move to get better at Rugby under a South African coach (pretty good with forwards!) and to have a shot at a title.

I dont see the captaincy as being an issue at all, do you get paid more for the captaincy?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
would be terrible for the Force, but would be amazing for the Brumbies (or any other team tha signs him). At first I thought it was just rumours and silly speculation... but after thinking about it... i can see White a fellow South Africian would have a great relationship with Pocock. Could happen.. but still skeptical.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
White is a South African and Pocock is from Zimbabwe, like 'The Beast' from the Shorks.

The one thing that might get in the way of all this is Pocock's charity work back in Zimbabwe. Being in Canberra would add another 5-6 hours on any one way trip there.

M

Moono75

White is a South African and Pocock is from Zimbabwe, like 'The Beast' from the Shorks.

The one thing that might get in the way of all this is Pocock's charity work back in Zimbabwe. Being in Canberra would add another 5-6 hours on any one way trip there.
There have been reports that Jake White has said he would use his South African connections to help Bams charity work in Zimbabwe. Plus being in Canberra close to the Federal Politicians could open doors to leverage some funding for his charity. All good points. I still think he will stay with the Force but if he did move it would be a very black day and the Force could almost board the place up and close down. Poey is a drawcard....the Force just need to get the rest of the organisation moving in the same direction (thats forward....not backwards)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Given everything we know about Pocock being a man of great principles (like not getting married until his gay friends can also marry), I think he would have a hard time leaving the Force knowing how much of a hole they would be in without him.

Providing the Force give him a good offer to stay, I think he would turn down going to a better team for the chance to stay and help the team he has always played for.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I tried it but my girlfriend didn't buy it.

The only thing less successful was promising to get married when the Tahs won a Super Rugby title.

Status
Not open for further replies.