• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

BBL5 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Sydney derby to kick things off. Thunder batted first & reached 4/158 - Michael Hussey what a cricketer 80 n/o and in total control.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Sixers collapse after a good bowling performance by Russell and the Thunder.

Junior openly stating that Kwahja will play Boxing Day if fit and someone else will have to miss out.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Plenty of errors from Adelaide in the field as well. Two dropped catches and a missed stumping in the first 2 or 3 overs.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
First real big score with the heat coming up with 180. Debutant Bowler with economy of 16 and a bit set up a big score, dropped catches from Tremain early and Finch late didn't help, great strike rates from Lynn, Reardon, Cutting and Hopes.

Still, if anyone can chase it down, it's the Renegades "Magnificent 7" so they have been dubbed.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Lots of dropped catches in the Heat innings.

The man with the Golden Bat went cheaply, but still plenty of talent in the Renegades batting lineup.

man-with-the-golden-gun-008.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
White smashed a 6, both took the next 3 balls as lazy singles when they could have pushed for two, lethargy occurs, both gone in balls 5 and 6.

Heat should have this witn 2 new batsmen, albeit 2 very good ones.

EDIT: Me and my big mouth. Nice over from D'Wayne Bravo sees them need 5 off the last, despite throwing his bat over the inner ring on the last ball.

EDIT2: Wade negotiated a nice last 3 balls. Selfishly, I'd like to see one of the test Bowlers back in the red, white and black. Tremain and Rimington are decent bowlers, good 2nd and 3rd options, but I was hoping at least one of the others were there too.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Those two wides in the 19th over didn't help the Heat. The one on the offside was harsh, but the one down the leg side was poor. Could have had Bravo run out with a decent return to the keeper as well.

That's some batting lineup that the Renegades have. Some inexperience from the Heat bowlers/fieldsmen as well.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I reckon CA have made a mistake scheduling the Sixers match at 4.30pm today in Sydney. Bright sunny Sunday with the choice of going to the beach. Suspect the crowd will be down on usual home games - if they wanted this game at 4.30, Hobart would have been a more logical choice.

Here:
584888-bondi-beach.jpg

or here:

SCG-general-view-play-150227-G720.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
George Bailey Scores 62 of the Canes 91 runs, they lose by 95. Sean Tait 2nd highest scorer with 5, excluding extras with 7.

5fer for the GOAT, Nathan Lyon.

Freddy says it best, they just had an absolute shocker.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Partnership couldn't be more different, pure power of André Russell vs the sheer elegance of Khawaja. Great to watch. 10 an over off the last 5 gets to 175ish, that'd be a very defendable total.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Pieterson absolutely changed the dynamic of the match. 51 off 4 overs becomes 27 off 3 overs and that's gone from a Thunder should win if they don't fuck up to the Stars should win if they don't fuck it up.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Wowee. Wowee. What a finish. Thought they had it all the way, even after the first dot.

Great last over from Kallis, beautiful performances from Khawaja and Pieterson, Handscome did absolutely everything he could to win it, his running between the wickets was nothing short of superb.

Great game to watch, great advertisement for the BBL and T20 in general.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Another very good game. Great bowling performance by the Strikers to restrict Scorchers to 151. Loved seeing Hogg in action - what a character.

Unfortunate injury to Coulter-Nile - possibly season ending.

Strikers win with 5 balls to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.