• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

BEVs, PHEVs, and assoc. info. (plug-ins only; no "self-charging" b.s.)

boyo

Mark Ella (57)

Engines? B.E.V.s don't have engines, they have 1 or more motors.

No mention of its V2L ( vehicle to load) capability either.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That's a good idea to convert existing cars in urban areas. Saves a bit of waste and would be even better if the engine components could be repurposed as something other than ICEV parts.

Reduction in entry cost being the main benefit.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Subaru Solterra looks like it could be the replacement for my 2012 X-Trail - has the offroad stuff I need without being a luxury price tag e.g. Volvo XC40.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Can you theoretically run the Subaru S off your home power setup?

Not in this bloody weather :(

The inconvenience is the ~320km range if we want to go anywhere outside Sydney. It is being quoted as 220 miles but that's theoretical so knock 10% off that.

For most days, given I'm at home, the thing would be charging off solar and basically topping up whatever I'd used around town, so probably could do it for basically "free" at this point.

Even off-peak power @ 20c / kWh would fill it for $15.
For 300km, in the X-Trail I'd be paying $66 in petrol at today's prices.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If I wasn't hardcore looking for something offroady, I'd get a PoleStar 2 in a snap. Not cheap but a very capable EV - have seen the Swedes using one with snow tyres and it looks capable.