• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #4 New Zealand vs Australia Nov 7 2020

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Date: Nov 7 2020.
Time: 7:45 pm Aus time.
Match Prediction: Straya will be a red hot go in this one. AB's to dick around with rest/rotation, take the foot off the pedal Hong Kong style.

Australian Player To Watch: Nic White

giphy.gif

New Zealand Player To Watch: Akira Ioane

SardonicVastChameleon-size_restricted.gif

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think we have to stack the starting side with experience and hope we can keep the scoreboard respectable, then give some of the youngsters a chance to open the game up at the back end. Something like:

1. Slipper
2. Uelese
3. Alan
4. Simmons
5. Philip
6. Wilson
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani
9. White
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. Kuridrani
14. Petaia
15. DHP

16. BPA
17. Sio
18. TT
19. Hosea
20. McReight
21. McDermott
22. Lolesio
23. Maddocks

I’m assuming LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is out

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
1 Karl T
2 Dane Coles will probably rotate Taylor in ffs
3 Ofa
4 Pat T. if they rotate him for Scrote fucking Barrett I'm going on a killing spree
5 Sam Whitelock. will probably rotate out to have a look at one of the up and coming bare cupboard dogshit dwarf locks
6 Shannon Frizell have to look at Akira/Papaliii here. we now know what Frizzle can do and its just sort of there or therabouts
7 Sam Cane
8 Hoskins Sotutu ffs theyll probably bring ardie back
9 Aaron Smith. reckon theyll start Weber here and bypass Flapanara altogether
10 Mo'unga. locked in.
11 Clarke. fuck yes
12 ALB
13 Goodhue. glue guys to get gluer
14 Jordie. Rieko Redemption Time
15 BB. rested after solid but perfunctory effort OMG a test debut to Will Jordan!

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I think we have to stack the starting side with experience and hope we can keep the scoreboard respectable, then give some of the youngsters a chance to open the game up at the back end. Something like:

1. Slipper
2. Uelese
3. Alan
4. Simmons
5. Philip
6. Wilson
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani
9. White
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. Kuridrani
14. Petaia
15. DHP

16. BPA
17. Sio
18. TT
19. Hosea
20. McReight
21. McDermott
22. Lolesio
23. Maddocks

if last night is any indicator the game will "open up" well before the back end

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Hoping that JOC (James O'Connor) is good to go and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) injury isnt too bad. Hopefully we see Hosea get a run either off the bench or with LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) to 6. Maddocks to 15 and Wright to 14.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Date: Nov 7 2020.
Time: 7:45 pm Aus time.
Match Prediction: Straya will be a red hot go in this one. AB's to dick around with rest/rotation, take the foot off the pedal Hong Kong style.

Australian Player To Watch: Nic White

giphy.gif

New Zealand Player To Watch: Akira Ioane

SardonicVastChameleon-size_restricted.gif

In that clip Akira fends off McGOAT not once but twice. Wouldn't be many who have that in their highlights reel.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
For the AB's the major changed I'd make would be to give Cane a rest, Akira a go at blindside, and Jordan a run on the wing. I'd eschew a complete XV overhaul because A) I'd rather try and keep the pressure up on the young Wallabies outfit; and B) we have the Pumas match for that.

1. Moody
2. Coles
3. Tu'ungufasi
4. Tuipulotu
5. Whitelock (C)
6. A.Ioane
7. Papali'i
8. Sotutu
9. Smith
10. Mo'unga
11. Clarke
12. Goodhue
13. Lienert-Brown
14. Jordan
15. B.Barrett

16. Aumua
17. Hodgman
18. Lomax/Laulala
19. Vaa'i
20. Savea
21. Webber
22. Laumape
23. J.Barrett/R.Ioane

Aumua brought in because it seems Coles has stolen Taylors life essence, as he's been flat across the Bledisloe series while Old Man Coles has risen like Lazarus. I don't think S.Barrett has been that effective after his long injury layoff, so would look to give Vaa'i another run instead. Webber because I've had enough of Perenara's terrible passes.

Also a bench of Aumua, Savea, Laumape, and (potentially) R.Ioane could be a hell of a late match power punch.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)

1. Slipper
2. Uelese
3. Alan
4. Simmons
5. Philip
6. Wilson
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani
9. White
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. Kuridrani
14. Petaia
15. DHP

16. BPA
17. Sio
18. TT
19. Hosea
20. McReight
21. McDermott
22. Lolesio
23. Maddocks

Pretty good call. Like the logic. I'd give BPA another start because he went well. Don't know why Sio keeps earning a spot. No tackles made and one missed and 2 runs for 1 meter hardly inspiring. And I've have Wright over McRieght, mostly because he can cover more positions but that's line ball

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Don't know why Sio keeps earning a spot. No tackles made and one missed and 2 runs for 1 meter hardly inspiring.

To be fair, his stats were better than Tupou's...........

According to rugbypass though Sio had 2 carries for 5 metres, and 1 tackle with none missed.

Tupou had 1 carry for 1 metre, and 0 tackles made from 2 attempts.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
To be fair, his stats were better than Tupou's.....

According to rugbypass though Sio had 2 carries for 5 metres, and 1 tackle with none missed.

Tupou had 1 carry for 1 metre, and 0 tackles made from 2 attempts.
Fair call. I went through ESPN. Had the same stats for Tupou. I can't recall Sio making any though (and being the masochist I am) I did watch the replay, and surely when Barret ran through him for his try that was a miss, unless it didn't count as a miss because he got run past and didn't lay a hand on him

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Wouldn't mind taking 10 or 15 20-something rugby players along for the trip, would you? No one you know